Panasonic ToughBook CF-53 screen

Jwjones80

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016
Long story short I needed a new screen, my back case was kind of messed up so I got a whole back assembly. Everything matched up online but when it came in the connector for the video was different. I went to change the screens out to see if I could just change the cables but mine was a 30 pin and the new one was a 40 pin but it was pulled from the same model laptop? Now for the life of me I can not find a 14' screen that will take a 30 pin. Please if anyone can help me with this I would be thankful.

Solution
go with the matte version as less reflections & finger prints. http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/Panasonic/TOUGHBOOK%20CF-53/

Jwjones80

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016

Is there anything I can do about this? They refuse to give me a refund and I can't find the screen I need anywhere!

Well you may still be able to use it. Although I have to say that is really bad for them not to allow a refund or an exchange at least.

I did a little searching and you can find adapter cords that will work. So one end is the 30 and the other 40. I don't know the exactly info on yours, but if you do a quick search online for "30 pin to 40 pin display cord" or vise versa in the numbers (I am not sure which way yours is) you should get quite a few results.

Gulliblegully

Prominent
Feb 17, 2017

Hi mr jones did you solve this I'm in the same boat
Mucky fighting with my 14 year old he put his elbow in the screen and smashed it now I can only find a 40 pin and the conversion kit are 40 to 30 not 30 to 40 pin on eBay thanks buddy I'm desperate as my hdmi isn't working