Solved! Panasonic TX-50CX680B picture upside down after replacing main board

Jul 30, 2020
Hello all,

Our Panasonic TV (TX-50CX680B) wouldn't power on (after a lightning strike took out our phone line, router and TV via the ethernet cable) I diagnosed that the main board had blown so got one online and replaced it with the same model no. (TNPH1120 2A). TV now powers up and functions fine other than the fact the picture is upside down (rotated 180 degrees... i.e you can still read the menus etc if you were doing a hand stand!).

I tried accessing the service menu and discovered that pressing vol- on the TV and pressing red 3 times brought up "CS Maintenance Menu" but nothing there looks helpful. Is there a different button combination for accessing the actual service menu? Saw online some TV's have an "invert image" setting in the hidden service menu.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you,
Iain

Solution
To answer my own question, you don't. You have to buy a replacement main board with both the correct main board part number and also the correct TXN which is TXN/A1JQVB in my case (this is printed on a label stuck to the main board). I expect this relates to what firmware is loaded on the board and in turn what model of TV it will work on. Funny how the 55" version still worked on my 50" but was upside down.

Anyway, I got there in the end and the TV was saved from the skip! Was £650 new and only cost £40 to fix so well worth the effort.
Jul 30, 2020
It seems the main board has come out of a 55" version (TX-55CX680B) and mine is a 50" (TX-50CX680B). Although the board is the same part I've come to the conclusion the software on it will be different. So, question is how to I install the correct software onto the main board for my 50"?

Jul 30, 2020
To answer my own question, you don't. You have to buy a replacement main board with both the correct main board part number and also the correct TXN which is TXN/A1JQVB in my case (this is printed on a label stuck to the main board). I expect this relates to what firmware is loaded on the board and in turn what model of TV it will work on. Funny how the 55" version still worked on my 50" but was upside down.

Anyway, I got there in the end and the TV was saved from the skip! Was £650 new and only cost £40 to fix so well worth the effort.

Solution