paragon hard disk manager

nikospc

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
hi,
can i use this program to move EVERYTHING on my disk to a new PC and DISk??? including my OS?

thanks,
nick

Solution
Cloning works when you are swapping drives in the same system.
If you want to attach an existing installation of Windows to a new motherboard it might work if you are using Win 8 or 10.
It definitely will not work with older windows versions because the installed drivers are for the original hardware.

If you have win 8 or 10 then install AME on your computer. Attach the new hard drive to the old computer and clone to it. Then swap that drive to the new hardware.
When you start it it may need several hours to configure itself and download drivers.

And, of course, if the original pc is an oem (dell,hp,etc) nothing is going to make your existing OS boot on new hardware )

nikospc

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013

it will migrate everything, correct? and it wont stop me in the middle of a process to pay for it?
what i need to do is,, to take the hard drive of the old pc,,and put it in a new pc,,with new chip,,etc...,,,this will do that?

If it's the latest version (Paragon Hard Disk Manager 15 Suite) with system migration wizard, yes.
Older versions don't have that feature.

However, I would use dedicated software for doing it (AME as recommended above), not something that claims to be able to do everything.

Outlander_04

Distinguished
BANNED
Nov 18, 2008

Yes . This is called cloning .

You install the software on your computer , plug the new hard drive into one of your motherboards SATA ports , and start the software .
It will partition , format and clone your drive completely including windows .
Once you unplug the old drive the system will boot from the new drive .

Just make sure you set the cloning software to take over the entire drive and not keep the partition the same size .
Acronis Migrate Easy is a free download from seagate too but their version only works if one of the drives is a seagate drive

nikospc

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
so ,, just to recap,,
i install AME,,in the new system,,
take out old hdd from old sytem,and set it to slave,
put old hdd in new system,
and start AME,,to transfer everything to new hdd on new system

correct?

Outlander_04

Distinguished
BANNED
Nov 18, 2008
Cloning works when you are swapping drives in the same system.
If you want to attach an existing installation of Windows to a new motherboard it might work if you are using Win 8 or 10.
It definitely will not work with older windows versions because the installed drivers are for the original hardware.

If you have win 8 or 10 then install AME on your computer. Attach the new hard drive to the old computer and clone to it. Then swap that drive to the new hardware.
When you start it it may need several hours to configure itself and download drivers.

And, of course, if the original pc is an oem (dell,hp,etc) nothing is going to make your existing OS boot on new hardware )

Solution