Parrot's AR.Drone Gets the Teardown Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

utengineer

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
This is really cool. Lots of videos on YouTube. Check out their site. 12 minutes battery life (hour recharge) kind of sucks though.

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
Until battery tech improves, I'm going to give this a pass. I just can't see a 12 minute enjoyment window in any device as adequate. I wonder if adding an extra/bigger battery would have really been the difference between it flying and not flying, or if they just wanted to sell more extra packs.

pdman

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
The battery is actually a 3S 1000mah LiPo battery. There are higher capacity packs with the same dimensions that can almost double the flight time.... don't know about the effect on the warranty though.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
my dad has one of those... its one of the few actually useful things i've seen him use his iphone for... with it worked with my palm pre >_<

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
The fact that my last post got downvoted makes me sad. People are actually willing to cope with a 12-minute window of power? Seriously? It's people like you that settle for crap like this that is the reason they keep lowering battery standards to get us to keep buying expensive high-profit-margin extra battery packs.

G

Magic candy shut up mate you dont know what your talking about....without doubt best gadget out there...ive got 3 batterys and the new 2.0 is seriously cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.