Party! Skype 5.0 for Windows Has 10-way Calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dark Wall

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
It's hard enough finding 3 people to video call with... let alone having the option of 10 way call lol

I wonder what the required internet speed for a 10 way call will be...

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
And how many Gb/s do you need for decent-quality 10-way video chat?!? I know that's an exaggeration, but you'd better have top-tier internet service!

jojesa

Distinguished
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Man, I don't even have 10 people registered on Skype friends list lol[/citation]

Me neither, and I have been using Skype since 2006.
I do make a lot of phone calls to dozens of family members and friends all over the planet.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]Of course there's no word on the Linux client. It only gets updated annually at best, and it's years behind the Windows client.[/citation]They did release a SDK for Linux first but I agree that the client needs more work. I use it for RPGs and need separate netbooks for each remote player.

screechy

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
Sweet I can think of all the fun things I could do with 9 other people ;) lol but I'm sure this will lag up pretty bad on a slow Internet

Ch33ky

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
So up to 10 people? Sound to
Me like that would take
A lot of bandwidth in order to get
Real time stream of
The video to everyone right?

Are skype servers gonna "broadcast"
Nine signals out for each person or
Does each persons computer do that?

Well either way,
I've always wanted
To video chat
To a group of
Your friends and now it looks like I might get to!

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]Of course there's no word on the Linux client. It only gets updated annually at best, and it's years behind the Windows client.[/citation]

There is a linux client? LOL

At least the whole Linux crowd could use this feature at once.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Ch33ky[/nom]So up to 10 people? Sound toMe like that would takeA lot of bandwidth in order to getReal time stream ofThe video to everyone right?Are skype servers gonna "broadcast"Nine signals out for each person or Does each persons computer do that?Well either way, I've always wantedTo video chat To a group ofYour friends and now it looks like I might get to![/citation]

Multicasting?

Status
Not open for further replies.