Password Protected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzeb

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
My Sisters Acer aspire 5517-5689 laptop was stolen and is now password protected and she can't get anything but a login screen. She has an Acer backup disk and a system repair disk but we need to know who to get around the password - please help.
Suzanne

Saga Lout

Olde English

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

We can't help with password hacking here at Tom's because we can't be sure who we're helping. If it's the BIOS that is protected, get in touch with Acer, provide definitive proof of ownership and they will probably be able to help.

Saga Lout

Olde English

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

We can't help with password hacking here at Tom's because we can't be sure who we're helping. If it's the BIOS that is protected, get in touch with Acer, provide definitive proof of ownership and they will probably be able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 11
A Laptop Tech Support 1
joshpgeorge Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 3
T Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1