Patent Approved: Apple Now Owns "Slide to Unlock"

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzz_b

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
WOW, it is very sad that you can even patent such a stupid thing... actually I think it needed much more thought than relativity. Maybe they should give a Nobel prize to Apple.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I wish the whole Apple to die, not just the Jobs. And to be bought on the brick of bankruptcy by some of the companies that innovate but don't sue.

Seriously, wall street occupation can be extended to any user of any apple device for supporting the halt of the technology this way, even if all they seek is to get the best device for their needs and money, (arguable as it might be which device is the best for the money, apple is holding back the rest of the world)

May all lawyers of apple, and all people thinking such patent is a good idea, including the people from the patent office and the people from apple, get a pancreatic cancer. At least, after that, they maaaaayyy devote the energies towards fighting cancer instead.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I dont think Apple is to blame there.. Obviously the patent is "legit", so if they didnt do it, then someone else would, and then Apple would be getting sued.. I think the fact it could be patented at all is the real problem.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I call Bullshit; plain and simple. You can't patent a human gesture (the swipe). At best, you can patent the technology that detects the swipe, but I'm sure there are already touchscreen patents for that. crApple, you lose.

Balle195

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2011
Other companies can't use gestures to unlock their phones because of Apple Inc. ? Sueing out the competion again eh? Maybe Microsoft should take a step in and withdraw Office support again...

nezzymighty

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
My Palm Tungsten E was configured to use the stylus to "unlock" by first pointing on the bottom, and sliding straight up to the top of the screen... makes me wonder why this slide to unlock feature isn't similar to Apples' patent... I mean Palm did this back in late 90s, early 2000. Maybe HP should be mad...

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
Seems to me that someone ought to be able to fight this based on prior art. There have been physical buttons for years that you "slide to unlock." Yet crApple gets away with this? Shame on the patent office for allowing this tripe.

squidz66

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
Surely this is only useful to stop other phone owners from sliding to unlock ... WITH THEIR DICKS!
Bloody silly, is what this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.