Patent Trolls Currently Focusing on Apple and Samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

those trolls makes more money focusing on Samsung. Apple is too tight & they wins most of cases.

G

Final outcome for all those lawsuits?

Higher costs to consumers, strangling of new ideas or new ways of doing things, and a toll both at the end of the driveway for every one using the Internet.

This is the end result of a self-serving, corrupt Congress, bought and paid for by lobbyists dollars to do corporate bidding. IF they had any integrity at all they would have made patents on software, mathematics, genetics and natural processes illegal.

The "Federally sponsored" research is funded by the tax payer but instead of the fruits of the research being in the public domain it is sold to corporations for fractions of a penny on the dollar. The public is then the victim of highly inflated license fee or service charges, which are pure profit.

Republican or Democrat ... a pox on both of their houses. They are equally guilty of selling out for personal gain.

raringcoder

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
[citation][nom]dreadlokz[/nom]who rly cares?Im not the one losing money, am I?[/citation]
Yeah, but you are. Devices would be cheaper if they didn't have to tack on the cost of licensing lots of patented re-used parts. These are added to the cost of production and go into calculating the device cost so the company make a certain profit margin.

You lose money to this directly, when you decide to purchase something.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]dreadlokz[/nom]who rly cares?Im not the one losing money, am I?[/citation]
[citation][nom]raringcoder[/nom]Yeah, but you are. Devices would be cheaper if they didn't have to tack on the cost of licensing lots of patented re-used parts. These are added to the cost of production and go into calculating the device cost so the company make a certain profit margin.You lose money to this directly, when you decide to purchase something.[/citation]
It's a bit of a troll, don't bother. This is the third comment i've seen that doesn't make sense. Simply report it next time, i know i will.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I'm sorry for nitpicking on the math, but I can't see how "One in seven suits were targeted at either Apple or Samsung". They were both sued in 42 cases, totalling 84 cases. 1/7 of 4,500 cases is 642 cases.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]I'm sorry for nitpicking on the math, but I can't see how "One in seven suits were targeted at either Apple or Samsung". They were both sued in 42 cases, totalling 84 cases. 1/7 of 4,500 cases is 642 cases.[/citation]

Reporters are usually the kids that wrote great reports in school but failed math :)

Status
Not open for further replies.