PayPal Sues Google Over Mobile-Payment Secrets

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Someone needs to hack into Google and crack that rotten egg wide open.

Zeldazackman

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
Meh, I Dont Like Paypal Because Of The Fact That They Already Operate A Shady Business(Freezing Accounts For No Reason, And Taking Money From My Checking Account With Out My Permission) They Pretty Much Killed Ebay' At This Point As well.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Zeldazackman[/nom]Meh, I Dont Like Paypal Because Of The Fact That They Already Operate A Shady Business(Freezing Accounts For No Reason, And Taking Money From My Checking Account With Out My Permission) They Pretty Much Killed Ebay' At This Point As well.[/citation]
I think Ebay owns PayPal.

G

ebay owns paypal but paypal is the one to start the fire.so basically the spot light is still paypal...

I think before the two leave paypal, they have already did a long talk with lawyer.. Worst case if they lost the case, .there are still many ways you can do to continue help google. so I think this is all a marketing stun paypal is pulling here...

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Google in deepshit.. Was that supposed to be a joke? Come on ebay is big, but not on googles level. Sure google may have to pay some stuff that's if it's able to be proven. Not to mention this is gonna take years unless google decides to go ahead and settle.

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
People have been discussing mobile payments for years. This is like Mastercard suing Visa for operating credit card services or BP suing Shell for selling gas.

Sounds like Paypal is dealing with some serious internal issues if many of their people with "secrets" continue to leave.

When they get this technology working, though, you're not going to ever want to use your phone. Also, imagine the programs hackers will be able to write to emulate other credit card numbers and phone credentials. I'm sure the pre-paid disposable market will boom when these "secrets" hit the mainstream.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
[citation][nom]Zeldazackman[/nom]Meh, I Dont Like Paypal Because Of The Fact That They Already Operate A Shady Business(Freezing Accounts For No Reason, And Taking Money From My Checking Account With Out My Permission) They Pretty Much Killed Ebay' At This Point As well.[/citation]
Do you know when to capitalize your words?

G

Haha I laugh at paypal, the number one "legal" scam site on the net!
They can do what ever they want with your money since they aren't really a bank, just a big customer holding everybody's cash in one joint account, making interest out of your cash.
My account got frozen for no reason given, and I never even bought or sold anything on ebay!
So now they are holding my cash on a permanently limited account with no way for me to withdraw my money, and no explanation why they did so. I have never had a complaint filed against my paypal account. It's really sad how such a worthless company can still be working after the 10's of thousands complaints and who knows how many lawsuits, just google up the never ending piles of unfortunate people who lost their cash to paypal.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
If Google and Bedier are innocent then all they would have to do is wait until the issue goes to court. Show documents that just a idea pre-existed before Bedier's arrival regarding this.
However Google and Bedier do not have to prove innocence the burden of proof is very much so on Paypal. This would require Paypal to prove that Bedier was fully aware of this trade secret (which is the easy part) and though subpenaing Google's documents has to show that Bedier personally brought the idea to the table and was a active part in the project.
Even if Google is guilty if they were consciously aware of stealing trade secrets then you
better believe those documents would not have a single mention of Bedier no matter how deep his involvement. So this can only leave Paypal proving that it was a possible scenario but no iron clad evidence.

rpgplayer

Distinguished
May 27, 2010

Is this a title?

dread_cthulhu

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
[citation][nom]Dreary[/nom]Haha I laugh at paypal, the number one "legal" scam site on the net!They can do what ever they want with your money since they aren't really a bank, just a big customer holding everybody's cash in one joint account, making interest out of your cash. My account got frozen for no reason given, and I never even bought or sold anything on ebay! So now they are holding my cash on a permanently limited account with no way for me to withdraw my money, and no explanation why they did so. I have never had a complaint filed against my paypal account. It's really sad how such a worthless company can still be working after the 10's of thousands complaints and who knows how many lawsuits, just google up the never ending piles of unfortunate people who lost their cash to paypal.[/citation]

Hm... hadn't heard about all that... good thing I never leave any money on my paypal account. I always send it to my bank account as soon as money hits it. And I never purchase using the account, I always feel like it's asking for trouble.

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
He only joined this year and theres no way they bought out a product in that little time, this was obviously in full swing before he got there. I mean what was he supposed to do? never work again? Its getting ridiculous now, its like a company saying you can never work in a similar industry ever again so you either stay with us or we'll sue you

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009

they freeze accounts for good reasons, the problem is, they dont know if those good reasons are ture or not.

its hard to prove you are not doing something illegal, and they have to cover their a$$es in case someone is doing something criminal and they did nothing to stop it. the dmca has safe harbor laws which make things like youtube and megaupload like places doable, because if it wasn't for safe harbor, the moment something illegal went up or copy right infringing, they would be no more. however this safe harbor does not extend to paypal like services, where money could be deposited for something, lets say, drugs, or prostitutes that don't work on the street. they have to take alagations like those seriously, even if unfounded, unlike copyright notices where you have to have some amount of proof, and can deny taking it down till proof. [citation][nom]irish_adam[/nom]He only joined this year and theres no way they bought out a product in that little time, this was obviously in full swing before he got there. I mean what was he supposed to do? never work again? Its getting ridiculous now, its like a company saying you can never work in a similar industry ever again so you either stay with us or we'll sue you[/citation]

its called a non compete clause. some places, for example a major motorcycle company i know of all emploies sighn a contract that states if you leave or are fired, you cant work in a competters business for 1 year, the contract i know of.

i presume that the higher you go the longer that gets, because the more you know the more you can help competition. lets say you work on a prototype engine, it wont be out for 3 years, they may make a non compete for 5 years because you know everything about it.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Dreary[/nom]Haha I laugh at paypal, the number one "legal" scam site on the net!They can do what ever they want with your money since they aren't really a bank, just a big customer holding everybody's cash in one joint account, making interest out of your cash. My account got frozen for no reason given, and I never even bought or sold anything on ebay! So now they are holding my cash on a permanently limited account with no way for me to withdraw my money, and no explanation why they did so. I have never had a complaint filed against my paypal account. It's really sad how such a worthless company can still be working after the 10's of thousands complaints and who knows how many lawsuits, just google up the never ending piles of unfortunate people who lost their cash to paypal.[/citation]

Paypal has little to do with accounts getting frozen. It's within their agreement with GE Financial to do so. Also, PayPal itself has little or nothing to do with the actual financial transactions. The financial transactions are actually handled by GE Financial, who is in fact a financial institution.

Status
Not open for further replies.