shipley231

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
I have a large tower PC that has front and rear audio jacks. I can get audio out of them with my headset but not my Bose speakers. I have plugged the Bose speakers into my phone and they play just fine, but not in any of the PC jacks. The only time I can get audio in them from the PC is by only halfway plugging them into the headphone jack and even then there is usually only sound out of one speaker. I have tried replacing the auxiliary cord but returned it when that did not solve my problem. Is this a speaker issue, a PC hardware or software issue? User error issue? I'd really love to get sound out of my speakers again!

Thanks for any help

shipley231

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013

I have tried both front and rear jacks with the same result for both, only sound when tweaking the male jack and even then only sound from one speaker. Yes I made sure to use the headphone jack, as my mic is plugged in the front and I attempted all of the rear jacks. I have made sure that my audio is on in the settings for each jack, and used the test speakers button and can't hear anything during the test either. The speakers are plugged into an outlet and have power.

My only suggestions, since you tried the BOSE in your phone and work fine is try another set of speakers in the computer. Could be the Audio card hosed up, can try to download the newest Audio drivers and see if that clears the issue.

This isn't a a 'Windows' or driver issue but a hardware issue of the speakers, cable, ports.
Headphones work in the PC port, so we know the port works correctly.
Plug in the Bose and it doesn't work.
Plug in the headphones to the phone? Does it work?
Replug the Bose into the phone, is there a difference between that and the headphones you just tried?

Now a Phone/MP3 port POWERS the speakers connected to it, but PC audio cards stopped doing that, so normally if you took a pair of $1Store speakers and plugged it into the phone it would work but not in the PC (same as the Bose) because no power is provided over the port.

But your stating your powering the Bose, does the power light show on when NOT connected to any device at all?

The only next thing I can think of is either the cable connecting the Bose speakers may be tested with a replacement and see if that was the issue (I am suspecting as you can 'wiggle/short it to make it sort of work) or the PC ports don't produce enough power signal ration that the Bose is expecting.

shipley231

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
I have actually already purchased a new aux cord from best buy and returned it after that did not solve my problem. The power to the speakers is fine, I ordered a new set of speakers from Edifier and hopefully those work. If not, I'll know it wasn't the speakers being the issue. Hopefully my problem is resolved. Thanks for your help