Pc falls asleep randomly.

Klaudijus

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016
Well my computer (Asus Notebook) has just been fixed. And i am having a problem. It falls asleep 1-5 times per day. Its not overheating. It happend few months ago too. I tried everything to fix it. From battery settings to installing programs. Nothing works. Anyone got any ideas?

Please help! :/

Solution

Well if it appears to be in relation to the lid, or button, then you should check on the power management settings...

Press: "windows button + R" to bring up a run command
Type: powercfg.cpl
Press enter
When the power management window opens, you'll see options along the left side for "choose what the power buttons do" & "choose what closing the lid does" etc.
Check over them and amend accordingly.

Good luck!

Neur0nauT

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014
When you say battery settings are you referring to the power management settings? These control what the laptop does with plugged in/running on battery, closing the lid etc.

Does this happen when on battery, or plugged in, or both?

Are you using WiFi or on ethernet?

What OS are you running? Windows 7? 10? etc. more info please.

Neur0nauT

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014
OK so lets check a few things.

Press: Windows key+r
Type: eventvwr (press enter)
Goto Window Logs>System>
On the right side click on "Filter Current Log..."
Click on the checkboxes for "Critical, Warning, and error" Then OK

This will show any issues that have happened on the system recently.

Look for anything referencing "kernel" or "power" and look at the details of it. This may show you what is causing the system to sleep.

Klaudijus

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016

Klaudijus

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016
So its says "The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced pterformance state for 7 seconds since last report." In the kernel section.

Neur0nauT

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014

Does it give you a reason within that report? i.e. because system is idle, or something like that?

Also did you upgrade this system to Windows 10 from an earlier version of Windows recently? If so, there have been reports that Win 10 upgrade can mess up and cause issues like this regarding power management. The fix for that was to reinstall Windows 10 from a full ISO which you can download from Microsoft: Windows 10 ISO download rather than upgrading from earlier Windows version. Your license should be OK and re-activate if you have previously upgraded. SO you might have to consider doing this to resolve your issues.

Neur0nauT

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014

Well if it appears to be in relation to the lid, or button, then you should check on the power management settings...

Press: "windows button + R" to bring up a run command
Type: powercfg.cpl
Press enter
When the power management window opens, you'll see options along the left side for "choose what the power buttons do" & "choose what closing the lid does" etc.
Check over them and amend accordingly.

Good luck!

Solution