PC opens random programs and restarts during games

Charles6

Estimable
Dec 27, 2015
I have had an issue with running any game on the geforce card. A little into the game programs like Windows media player, VLC, file explorer etc. start opening in the background and random control buttons are pushed in the game. I can close these with Alt-Tab but after a while the computer restarts. This happens on low and high end games, though possibly less frequently in windowed mode.

My laptop has Intel Core i3-3110M, 4gb ram,
intel HD400 and Nvidia Geforce GT620M, only the geforce has the problem.

Tried monitoring gpu temp, cpu and ram load, updated all the drivers, C++ and other windows bits, scanned my pc for viruses, running a game booster (turning off the antivirus and other things while gaming), a bunch of other things. Nothing really indicative of these crashes.
Used to play Skyrim for many hours straight about 2 years ago everything used to work fine, so I'm completely lost.

Any help would be appreciated.

Charles6

Estimable
Dec 27, 2015

Yes i only play while disconnected, as in wifi completely off. Have checked for malware with 4 antiviruses, that was my first idea but nothing so far.

Charles6

Estimable
Dec 27, 2015

Yes tried malwarebytes and i use an usb mouse but the touchpad is on usually, i dont use it though. I think I've tried turning it off at some poing but will try again.

Charles6

Estimable
Dec 27, 2015

I cant seem to disable the touchpad, could maybe done through BIOS, havent tried that. I dont think the touchpad drivers are win8.1 compatible as I cant access any options that used to be there nor disable it in dev manager. There arent any new drivers online either :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 13
D Laptop Tech Support 6
U Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 0
C Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 0