PC Speaker system that has bass response with definition

Papperup

Estimable
Apr 27, 2015
I found this excellent speaker test music on the CA forum.
1. Carmen Gomes inc; '' I'm on fire'' from Thousand Shades of Blue
[link removed]

Placement is perfect on this young audiophile classic as well as the near perfect natural recording of the voice, but the real test for audio equipment when listening to this recording is it's ability to separate the kickdrum from the upright bass.
The two instruments are playing the same pattern. On less than optimum equipment it might be difficult to separate the two, but with good setup you clearly hear the upright at 10.00 and the kick dead center with a nice decay that one generally do not hear on commercial recordings.
There are lots of speakers and headphones with ''extended lows'' but low with definition is a whole different ballgame.
My LogitechZ623 does not handle the separation very well, but on my Audio technica 50x headphones the sound is incredible, just as described in the qoute.
Is there a PC Speaker system that has that kind of definition?
[link removed]
suggestions please...

Solution
if you want better quality and definition you may want to consider moving into hifi or home theater speaker territory.

just as your m50x is much better in quality than generic gaming headsets and low end headphones, hifi/home theater is better than pc speakers.
if you want better quality and definition you may want to consider moving into hifi or home theater speaker territory.

just as your m50x is much better in quality than generic gaming headsets and low end headphones, hifi/home theater is better than pc speakers.

Solution
ssddx is correct. If you want to keep the system simple you can get high quality self powered speakers and maybe a powered sub that can connect directly to your PC. Audio Engine at a modest price and Paradigm at a higher end price should be considered
You could also get some used stereo equipment. A old stereo receiver or integrated amplifier and speakers would sound a lot better than PC speakers for music.

Papperup

Estimable
Apr 27, 2015
Thanks for the good suggestions.
I am looking into buying an Ifi idac2, just to start beefing up the quality of my headphone sound. That again would make a good front for a pair of decent powered monitors.
The Sound Liaison label are promoting the ifiidac with a sampler, that kind of made me sway towards the ifi instead of my first idea; a chord Hugo.