Pc with receiver best sound?

dim4ik007

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016
Hello, i want connect my new pc to the receiver for maximum quality of sound.
I have denon 7200 receiver.
What better, connect with hdmi cable from on board video card to the receiver or buy good quality sound card and connect the sound card to the receiver and from video card to tv with hdmi?
I use this pc for music and movies.
Thanks

Solution
Honestly people buy sound cards because they don't have an honest-to-God receiver, like you do, or they want to control the audio via a desktop App.

In your case, you don't need no sound card, hook up PC to receiver with HDMI, you are DONE. Why do you need a sound card? More doesn't mean better. A rule in audiophilea is, the less between the music and your ears the better.
Honestly people buy sound cards because they don't have an honest-to-God receiver, like you do, or they want to control the audio via a desktop App.

In your case, you don't need no sound card, hook up PC to receiver with HDMI, you are DONE. Why do you need a sound card? More doesn't mean better. A rule in audiophilea is, the less between the music and your ears the better.

Solution
agreed..

hdmi out from the video card straight to the receiver.

a soundcard would require going optical which opens up a whole new can of worms. not only do not all receivers or soundcards do 5.1 over optical but the quality is worse than hdmi.

i've done this for years.