Question PC won’t boot yp

Oct 25, 2019
I have an HP ENVY TouchSmart m6-k025dx Sleekbook, and starting yesterday it will no longer boot up. When I turn it on, I see the HP logo and a little spinning wheel. After half a minute or so, it says “preparing automatic repair.” After a few seconds of that, the screen goes blank and nothing happens. I’ve let it sit for half an hour just to make sure, but it still just sits there blank. No cursor, no spinning wheel, nothing. There’s no battery to remove so I can’t do that. Then, I pressed and held the power button for about 15 seconds to do a hard reset (With everything disconnected). Then I ran a quick system test, and this is where I start running into issues.

So I ran a System Test, and received the following:
Failure ID: 9GFPOJ-6SK9R9-XD7WWK-6OWWO3
Product ID: EOK45UA#ABA
Hard Drive 1
System Quick Test; FAILED

Now, when I restart my computer, it sometimes gives me a blue screen, “your pc ran into a problem and needs to be restarted,” along with a QR code followed by “if you call a support person, give the, this info: unmountable boot volume.” So I googled that, and tried to start the computer using a USB drive, creating it through Media Creation Tool. Plugged the drive in, restated my computer, but nothing. I just get the same result as before.

Im guessing at this point I probably just need to replace the hard drive, but was wondering if there was anything else I could try. Something to maybe get the usb drive bootable? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2019
If I do decide to replace the drive, 750GB SATA hard disk drive - 5,400 RPM, 2.5-inch small form factor (SFF), does anyone have a suggestion for what a good replacement to look for would be? Thanks again.