PC won't start-up

Swavelski

Estimable
Nov 16, 2014
I'm trying to figure out the problem with my friend's laptop. It won't turn on, and when I plug it in the power light doesn't even come out. Does enyone have any idea what the problem is?

Solution
Try removing the battery - if the battery is defective (shorted), it won't power up. Some laptops do not allow for it to be turned on with no battery however.....

99% of the time it is either the power adapter or the battery.

ronintexas

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Try removing the battery - if the battery is defective (shorted), it won't power up. Some laptops do not allow for it to be turned on with no battery however.....

99% of the time it is either the power adapter or the battery.

Solution

Swavelski

Estimable
Nov 16, 2014

I've already tried taking out the battery, but thanks.
p.s. I didn't know what the pick a solution button did,that's why I hit it.

Camar0ss

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014
Removing the battery won't solve anything, if the laptop in question won't work without a battery inside it. Try replacing the battery (as it's the cheaper option).. If that doesn't work, perhaps the power supply is dead.

NOTE: Before replacing the battery, check the power supply thoroughly. Does it appear damaged? Bent connectors normally are broken off on the inside of the plugs, either where it plugs into the wall, or into the computer. Are there any splits, tears, or cracks in any parts of the wires used for the adapter? Also, is there a recall on the adapter/batteries in question?