PCIE wifi card with bluetooth and 4G LTE for laptop

skreamlex

Estimable
Sep 17, 2014
PCIE wifi card with bluetooth and 4G LTE for laptop to replace existing stock wifi card on laptop

Does such PCIE card exist?

Will it work as plug and play?

Solution
There is wifi/bluetooth combo cards but there is not LTE/Wifi combo cards as they use very very different frequencies so you can not use the same antennas.

Some laptops have dual slots for both a wifi and a wwan (the lte card), otherwise will need USB stick for LTE

skreamlex

Estimable
Sep 17, 2014

I called the manufacturer they said "no whitelist is present in the bios". may I also have a link onto a sample

There is wifi/bluetooth combo cards but there is not LTE/Wifi combo cards as they use very very different frequencies so you can not use the same antennas.

Some laptops have dual slots for both a wifi and a wwan (the lte card), otherwise will need USB stick for LTE

Solution

skreamlex

Estimable
Sep 17, 2014

How about this one though? it has wwan and wlan. I would just like to confirm if it would work, also hopefully i can find a 4G version
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Option-M06712-Half-Mini-PCI-E-3G-WWAN-WCDMA-UMTS-GSM-GPS-EDGE-WiFi-Wireless-Card-/282319776185?hash=item41bb91e9b9

Havent seen one before that had both on it, although I would be very reserved about getting a complete noname brand off ebay.

You need to be very particular when it comes to LTE because different carriers use different frequency bands so an at&t LTE card could easily not work with another GSM bassed carrier.