PCs: The Once and Future Kings of Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
I think the Humble Bundle popularity is also helping the PC gaming industry. I constantly hear people argue the cost of a PC gaming rig but they always forget to factor in the cost savings with games. Those sales at GOG, Steam, and Amazon save you TONS of money for quality games. I am both a PC gamer and slight console gamer. I love having the PS3 in the bedroom but when I want to game to it's core, I game PC.

gibson_guy

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
I agree man! I don't think I've paid retail price yet on a PC game. Steam, Amazon, Gamestop App, etc..will end up saving you money. Also once you buy a decent rig, you won't really have to change out anything but the graphics card. At least that's what I change most often. The graphics card I just bought costed $20 less than a PS4, and it's also a way more powerful GPU than the new consoles. Power to the PC!

shawn808

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
Console based hardware is only good for a limited time. Almost obsolete when the console is released.

With a PC you can update in say 3 generations from now in hardware while the console is in its half life run stuck on old hardware.

It just the cost factor in hardware that hurts the PC user for that luxury.

BUT if the PC gamer was not there you would not have the drive to push that hardware further and faster to try to make the PC gamer depart with his disposable income on their product.

shawn808

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
Console based hardware is only good for a limited time. Almost obsolete when the console is released.

With a PC you can update in say 3 generations from now in hardware while the console is in its half life run stuck on old hardware.

It just the cost factor in hardware that hurts the PC user for that luxury.

BUT if the PC gamer was not there you would not have the drive to push that hardware further and faster to try to make the PC gamer depart with his disposable income on their product.

Status
Not open for further replies.