Pebble Steel Available for $229 in Best Buy Jun 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevags

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
The smart watch movement isn't gaining any momentum. Who writes this stuff? The smart watch market as a whole has been a big disappointment so far to everyone both customers and the companies making them. There will be more watches to come out but none of them will hit mainstream especially not for another half decade.
Also who are these watches designed for? Maybe kids in high school who want to be able to interact with their phone but without the teacher taking it away? Some business people who absolutely need to be aware of all alerts on their phone at all times. For anyone else? nah. Most people do not wear watches these days and when they do it is usually little cheapy fashion watches or every day just time telling watches. Then there are people like me who are huge watch fans but I only purchase quality or high end time pieces. Every single smart watch out doesn't fit into either one of those categories; If i am too cheap for a $200-300 watch I am not going to change my mind for a smart watch. If I like expensive $200-$5000 watches then I know better than to waste my money on a digital quartz smart watch.
Sorry but the smart watch isn't going to take off (anyone remember the Seiko Pager watch from like 1998?), it is other tech wearables that will be gaining momentum.

zgillet

Estimable
Jun 11, 2014
Smart watches will never catch on unless they can REPLACE phones. You know, those things you carry with you everywhere at all times anyhow?

sevags

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
The smart watch movement isn't gaining any momentum. Who writes this stuff? The smart watch market as a whole has been a big disappointment so far to everyone both customers and the companies making them. There will be more watches to come out but none of them will hit mainstream especially not for another half decade.
Also who are these watches designed for? Maybe kids in high school who want to be able to interact with their phone but without the teacher taking it away? Some business people who absolutely need to be aware of all alerts on their phone at all times. For anyone else? nah. Most people do not wear watches these days and when they do it is usually little cheapy fashion watches or every day just time telling watches. Then there are people like me who are huge watch fans but I only purchase quality or high end time pieces. Every single smart watch out doesn't fit into either one of those categories; If i am too cheap for a $200-300 watch I am not going to change my mind for a smart watch. If I like expensive $200-$5000 watches then I know better than to waste my money on a digital quartz smart watch.
Sorry but the smart watch isn't going to take off (anyone remember the Seiko Pager watch from like 1998?), it is other tech wearables that will be gaining momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS