Pebble Wristwatch Opens up Unexpected Avenue for Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm not so lazy that I can't take my phone out of my pocket when I get a notification, plus I have no intention of keeping battery draining Bluetooth on 24/7. As far as I'm concerned this whole smartwatch fad is an epic fail.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]Graham Parkes[/nom]I'm not so lazy that I can't take my phone out of my pocket when I get a notification, plus I have no intention of keeping battery draining Bluetooth on 24/7. As far as I'm concerned this whole smartwatch fad is an epic fail.[/citation]
Supposed it was solar powered...hmmm....

D

Deleted member 410608

[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]Supposed it was solar powered...hmmm....[/citation]

The phone isn't...

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
The day cell phone companies implement a kinetically recharging phone will be the day we stop worrying about battery life.

Not really. MORE POWER!

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
$150 for a clunky object with watch app and games ?
Looks to me like 'bling' for white people !

Seriously, this nation is already being dumbed down by reality TV shows.
We are raising a generation of game playing morons who have no life -or friends- outside facebook or twitter.

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]$150 for a clunky object with watch app and games ?Looks to me like 'bling' for white people !Seriously, this nation is already being dumbed down by reality TV shows.We are raising a generation of game playing morons who have no life -or friends- outside facebook or twitter.[/citation]

Wow this is generalization at its most extreme.

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
When I read the title I thought it was something innovative or something with potential in the gaming industry...

Nope. It's just crap.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]$150 for a clunky object with watch app and games ?Looks to me like 'bling' for white people !Seriously, this nation is already being dumbed down by reality TV shows.We are raising a generation of game playing morons who have no life -or friends- outside facebook or twitter.[/citation]

"...for white people...." ...because, Hispanics, Asians, Blacks, etc. don't purchase bling? No wonder the world laughs at us Americans.

theabsinthehare

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
It may seem like crap to you guys, and maybe even to me... but it's an idea that has made 7 MILLION DOLLARS in less than a month and it still has 20 more days to continue pulling in backers. Call it what you will, but it's obviously an incredibly lucrative idea and very much in demand.

thorkle

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
I think this items sounds pretty awesome. I like the idea that i can change tracks with physical buttons while still using the headphone jack for either auxiliary in my car or headphones while I'm biking. With physical buttons I do not need look at what I am doing, which is required when using the touch screen, I can just feel for the track change button. For over $150.00 I don't know if I'm all aboard, but for $115.00 I am considering it. The watch is pretty cool looking on top of the functionality as well.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]Halcyon[/nom]"...for white people...." ...because, Hispanics, Asians, Blacks, etc. don't purchase bling? No wonder the world laughs at us Americans.[/citation]

You may want to look up the meaning of 'bling' !
Currently, iPhones are the status symbol especially of white people.
However, you have a point in that Apple is busy taking over 1 Billion Chinese too.

i know a number of families that have a hard time making mortgage payments or even buying food; but they have an iPhone!

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]You may want to look up the meaning of 'bling' !Currently, iPhones are the status symbol especially of white people![/citation]
that just seems asinine. It's only a mobile phone. It's hard for it to imagined as a status symbol. I'd think a nice car might be more of a status symbol.

fracture

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I can see the new iPod Nano now...which is gonna be pretty much like this. Built in bluetooth to connect to your iPhone, more apps, probably add some games on it too, accelerometer for that walking running workout app. Nah, probably not. Apple will probably charge $200 bucks for it and it'll be up there with the ipods.

Status
Not open for further replies.