Penguin Eagle-Eye is Perfect for PC Gaming Snobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
as good as a mouse and keyboard may sound for console only shooters, this wont be very good. Console only games tend to have button combinations and sensitivity movements that arent well played on mouse and keyboard. I remember playing splinter Cell 1 on pc, and changing walking speed didnt feel right at all(speed was controlled by the scroll). For some games a controller works better, because pc may have precision on the aim, but consoles have more comfortable precision on movement.

And button mapping on this would just be a drag.

omikron48

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
Do keyboards and mice have a half-pressed button state?

Also, I call FAIL on the mouse with only 6" of cord length. I mean, really... how are you supposed to play properly with your input devices banging against each other most of the time?

kalogagatya

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
[citation][nom]omikron48[/nom]Do keyboards and mice have a half-pressed button state?Also, I call FAIL on the mouse with only 6" of cord length. I mean, really... how are you supposed to play properly with your input devices banging against each other most of the time?[/citation]

i think that is just for displaying the gear.. i mean if any mice and keyboards work, longer cords will be used, no?

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
[citation][nom]omikron48[/nom]Do keyboards and mice have a half-pressed button state?Also, I call FAIL on the mouse with only 6" of cord length. I mean, really... how are you supposed to play properly with your input devices banging against each other most of the time?[/citation]

Your idiocy is beyond me. Also, I'm quite certain that analogue control (like in the triggers and pressure-sensitive buttons on the dualshock controllers) is usually only important in racing games. In shooters... who gives a hoot. You either shoot or you don't. There's no need for a half trigger pull.

eodeo

Distinguished
May 29, 2007
take away their auto aim and auto play and people will be lining in to get a mouse. as it is, consoles encourage bad players to stay bad- after all why invest yourself and improve your speed and accuracy when you can effortlessly kill zounds of zombies with a flick of your thumb.

play dumb stay dumb - the only proper way to play - the console way.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I find this interesting and if it does work well and some gamers begin to use it I could see it making even the average skilled player into a dominater in no time.

I once played hardcore console gamer who made the arrogant claim that a game-pad was superior on CS:S. He was really "good" at CS for the original Xbox as well as other FPS. So it was decided CS:S would be the best fitting game for us to play. He got one of those converters so he could plug in his 360 gamepad to his PC and customized his controls to his liking. We played 1 on 1 and he never killed me once and we played 20 rounds. I'm not even a great CS player. He then proceeded to rage quit and still won't admit to this day that it was the gamepad that greatly handicapped him. Of course whenever I see h;0im playing CS:S on steam now hes always playing with a keyboard and mouse I wonder why... ;-)

zmbcat

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
When the "modern" consoles aka xbox360 and ps3 were released, i thought mouse/kb support was in by default...i find it mind boggling that someone could play fps games with a frikkin joystick. I think this gadget will really put a surge of interest in consoles if it gets widespread - you can now combine the casual console things with the hardcore fps games. Also this will let developers port strategy games into consoles (like starcraft2). I never liked consoles because the games are usually "dumbed down", but from tech perspective they are a good deal, this should make a possitive change in game industry if it gets wide spread + xbox360 gets this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.