Performance Issues on Brand New Laptop overnight?

zex_vex55

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
I recently bought a new ASUS ROG G751JT-CH71 Laptop and it's been working wonderfully for the past two weeks. Today I had some traveling to do to go home for Christmas, I was browsing and playing games on my laptop at the airport just fine. I packed it up, put it in my backpack and proceeded to go through the security entrance and onward to my flight. Now I'm home I fired up my laptop and I loaded a game that I usually get 120+ FPS on ultra, now for some reason I can't get any higher than 30 fps? Regardless of ultra or low, the fps stays around 30. I did plug in some new headphones and a mouse, other than that everything is the same.

Any help would be appreciated!

Solution
A gaming laptop will have a power saving mode when you run on battery. That limits the gpu power.
You should have a switch labeled speed/stamina or such.
Or, right click on the desktop and look at the nvidia control panel.
There you should have an option to select either the integrated graphics or the discrete graphics .

geofelt

Distinguished
A gaming laptop will have a power saving mode when you run on battery. That limits the gpu power.
You should have a switch labeled speed/stamina or such.
Or, right click on the desktop and look at the nvidia control panel.
There you should have an option to select either the integrated graphics or the discrete graphics .

Solution