permanently remove S7 Samsung Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimsom_247

Honorable
Sep 19, 2016
Without my permission, Android system update has just installed the Samsung Pay bloatware on my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, international model SM-G935F. I can uninstall the Android Pay application, but cannot uninstall the Samsung Pay application. Disable Samsung Pay removes its functionality, but this bloatware application remains on the smart device. Force Stop Samsung Pay has to be revisited at every Power-On to stop unwanted usage of the smart device’s processing resources. Another Android system update could seemingly restore its unwanted function and annoying notifications.

How can the Samsung Pay application be permanently removed? Thank you in anticipation. Kind regards.

Crimsom_247

Honorable
Sep 19, 2016
Hello COLGeek, thank you for your observation to remove Samsung bloatware using root permissions. SuperUser (or root) permissions can be used to remove preinstalled applications (bloatware) such as Samsung Pay.

The downside to rooting the Samsung Galaxy S7 is that it disables the Samsung's KNOX Security software, which could disable other software elements that tie into it. It is also possible to turn the device into a brick. So this is not the solution that I would want to use.

Is it possible to permanently remove Samsung Pay without using SuperUser (or root) permissions?
Thank you in anticipation. Kind regards.

Crimsom_247

Honorable
Sep 19, 2016
Hello t53186, thank you for your observations:-
a) It's a Samsung phone and built in apps cannot be uninstalled.
b) Just so you know, your cell phone provider modifies the Android software and the updates before they are sent to the phone.

I have asked Samsung Customer Service Center for technical assistance and they say "We kindly inform you that the Samsung Pay service acts like a preinstalled application that can only be disabled because it came with an automatic update for the Android version. This is caused by the fact that we want to offer our customers a pleasant experience while using the Samsung service."

The Samsung Galaxy S7 smart device was supplied without the Samsung Pay application. Samsung do not offer their customers a pleasant experience by imposing unwanted bloatware such as the Samsung Pay service with the attributes of a preinstalled application. I do not want and will not be using the Samsung Pay application.

Despite having disabled the Samsung Pay application, the user has to repeatedly instigate Force Stop to stop it using processing resources.  So the Disable option does not minimise all the 'impacts' that an undesired application has on my device.  I am very unhappy that the disabled Samsung Pay service continues to use processing resources!  

Another Android system update may restore its unwanted function, use processing resources and give annoying notifications.

Has anyone safely removed the Samsung Pay application? Thank you in anticipation.

Status
Not open for further replies.