Persistent pop-up problem/virus

dragonfly22588

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
Hi, I've been having this very strange pop-up advertisement appear everytime I go onto a new webpage. What will happen is I will click a new tab to go to a new page or type in a URL in the web address and my browser will open the page I requested and another one will open up with ads on it that I have to close manually.

I've already tried multiple Malwarebytes scans in regular and safe mode, done a Microsoft Security Essentials scan, Combofix, and CC cleaner. Each of the aps found something or deleted it but I still have this issue. Need help, thanks. I'm also getting a lot of these warnings which I think are false calling for me to update Java and the pop up directing me to a Java type site that looks legit but then directs me to something else, it's weird.

YettaSwift

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.
Surely your web browser is hijacked by an adware or so. As you see, those pop-ups are to promote products or programs to you. But whatever, you had better not click any of them which could lead you to download risky PC threats. Do remove them as soon as possible to protect the PC and your privacy. Delete any add-ons on the web browser, uninstall suspicious programs in Control Panel and remove harmful files in system registry. Also, you need to do all these in Safe Mode. If you scare of making additional mistakes and damage, I advise a helpful blog http://www.pccaretips.com/blog/ for you. All the best!

dragonfly22588

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
I'm using Internet Explorer. I didn't get the name of the ad ons but last night I ran Malwarebytes again and it found like 30 items which I removed but I still have he bug it seems.

dragonfly22588

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
It seems after each Malware scan, the computer improves but they are still there and after some time they reappear. I noticed often times before a pop up appears my web browser will block something from "Java SE Runtime Environment 7 Update 25 from Oracle America, Inc." Is this a legit site?

aford10

Distinguished
Java is a legit browser add on. Many sites use it, however it does have some serious vulnerabilities. If you are using a legit site that needs java enabled, then yes, let it run.

rennatnave101

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
Have you downloaded any programs recently? Companies sometimes pack extra programs onto downloads to "improve" your computer experience. You may have accidentally put a program that ad-bombs you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
paymanz Apps General Discussion 0
R Apps General Discussion 3
Scrob07 Apps General Discussion 0
F Apps General Discussion 5
J Apps General Discussion 0
P Apps General Discussion 4
I Apps General Discussion 3
kikani.kautik Apps General Discussion 2
synoptic12 Apps General Discussion 3
S Apps General Discussion 5
D Apps General Discussion 1