Peter Jackson's Halo Project is ''Not Happening''

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
I figured the same thing when that "first 8 minutes of the movie" was posted around the internet like 2 years ago and nothing since then.

xxsk8er101xx

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm pretty sure everyone knows. District 9 is Halo. They reused most of the footage they could to recoup their losses on the Halo project making district 9.

I watched an interview Peter Jackson saying it's the politics that killed Halo. There could still be a Halo movie just the politics (IE childish arguing) needs to be worked out.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]xxsk8er101xx[/nom]I'm pretty sure everyone knows. District 9 is Halo. They reused most of the footage they could to recoup their losses on the Halo project making district 9. I watched an interview Peter Jackson saying it's the politics that killed Halo. There could still be a Halo movie just the politics (IE childish arguing) needs to be worked out.[/citation]

There could be a movie still but sans Jackson most likely. He's going to be a little tied up with the Hobbit movies. So without Jackson I'm not interested so in my eyes it's just better to forget about it.

gekko668

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
That's what happen when two companies can't get along with each other. They make no money at all and make countless fans disappointed and pissed off.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Microsoft has yet to comment, but if one thing is for sure, then any Halo Chronicles project still underway is without Peter Jackson's involvement.
~ You

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. ~ Inigo Montoya

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]~ YouYou keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. ~ Inigo Montoya[/citation]

Inconceivable!

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]xxsk8er101xx[/nom]I'm pretty sure everyone knows. District 9 is Halo. They reused most of the footage they could to recoup their losses on the Halo project making district 9. I watched an interview Peter Jackson saying it's the politics that killed Halo. There could still be a Halo movie just the politics (IE childish arguing) needs to be worked out.[/citation]

funny , two game to movie articles in one day , i call BS on this , politic my ass , MS just plain didnt agree witht eh direction teh dumb asses of holly wood wanted to take it. rumoras are abound taht they amy be workign witha new director that wasnt to keep as close to the game as possible , but then again rumors anrt called rumors for no reason. personally i'd be jsut happy as apea in apop if no halko movie ever saw the light of day , tired of movies yankign from games and vice versa, both industries need a massive shot of creativity in the proverbial ass as both teh game industry adn the movie industry are currently stagnating in a cycle of crappy sequels and remakes.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]funny , two game to movie articles in one day , i call BS on this , politic my ass , MS just plain didnt agree witht eh direction teh dumb asses of holly wood wanted to take it. rumoras are abound taht they amy be workign witha new director that wasnt to keep as close to the game as possible , but then again rumors anrt called rumors for no reason. personally i'd be jsut happy as apea in apop if no halko movie ever saw the light of day , tired of movies yankign from games and vice versa, both industries need a massive shot of creativity in the proverbial ass as both teh game industry adn the movie industry are currently stagnating in a cycle of crappy sequels and remakes.[/citation]

Funny, as I can't read your post. I usually don't complain, but try using those period, a comma, or a capital letter.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
The Halo film fell through because Microsoft was greedy and asked for a ridiculous amount of money and the studios said screw it, it's not worth it. That was the problem from the very beginning and that's why FOX and Universal tried to unite to produce it because a single studio couldn't meet Microsoft's demands.

cracklint

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2008
I think they are going to wait to see how John Cameron's Avatar turns out before starting a project based on the Halo Universe. I am sure that Microsoft wants the movie to be as epic and as successful as the game franchise. They have to see how high the bar will be set before they can achieve that type of greatness. I am sure a Halo movie will be made, but it may be at least 3 years away.

Status
Not open for further replies.