Petition Wants New Mass Effect Endings, Raises $34K+

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'd like a new ending to the third game. It was... disappointing...

G

If none of the games provided enough endings how did the player base "come to expect" more by the time the 3rd came out? Not against the idea at all just seems like screwy logic.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
an online petition that is being signed by $ donated to a charity...

aimed at a developer that is bought and funded by ea...

you may get a better response if you lit an orphanage on fire, i mean this is a company that got so greedy that they have surpassed activision in total dick moves. i mean hell... activision is able to play nice with steams rules, but ea simply can't, and this was over a greed issue too... something activision is WELL known for...

and so you know, i would have been a bit more... graphics... with the orphanage thing, but i dont want a sanction...

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Afrospinach[/nom]If none of the games provided enough endings how did the player base "come to expect" more by the time the 3rd came out? Not against the idea at all just seems like screwy logic.[/citation]

they expected what they did to matter, from my understanding, no matter what you do you get basically the same out comes throughout the whole game.

magnetite

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
There is a secret ending which is unlocked by having at least 5000 effective military strength (not total military strength). This ending may explain why things don't make sense in the last 20 minutes of the game.

Look up Mass Effect 3 perfect ending if you want to see it.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]magnetite[/nom]There is a secret ending which is unlocked by having at least 5000 effective military strength (not total military strength). This ending may explain why things don't make sense in the last 20 minutes of the game. Look up Mass Effect 3 perfect ending if you want to see it.[/citation]

AFAIK, this ending only adds a short cutscene.

[citation][nom]bebangs[/nom]is it just me? this game is overated and overhyped. didnt meet high expectations thus they created this petition.[/citation]

Just you. Mass Effect series is awesome; it's just the ending that is messed up.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
The only ending I want is where the team is having a huge intergalactic party celebrating the defeat of the reapers, with dancing strippers and all that comes with it...

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
Mass Effect isn't overhyped. It's got a great Sci-Fi story on a scale which rivals some of the best Sci-Fi movies and television shows to date.

It's game play isn't revolutionary, and it's graphics are barely acceptable when it comes to the PC standards already established, but the story is great, so it's no surprise that the fans of the series want more/alternate endings for the games, especially ME3. Because the great story is really 90% of what makes Mass Effect a good game.

G

Not to sound rude but the article got a lot of basic facts wrong. Many fans don't want the endings of all three games changed, just ME3. And even then we want to ADD options in addition to the one ending (Color tints do not make a separate ending! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPelM2hwhJA) Unless the fanwank indoctrination theory with real ending coming as DLC later is actually true then the endings as is are just bad. I don't think I have to spell out the issue with the fan theory do I?

Check the first post of this thread http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9851623/1 to get an idea of why the fans are unsatisfied with the endings, as they should be. Quite a few of the fans who like the endings are behind the idea

guanyu210379

Distinguished
The mass effect serial, my opinion

pros:
- excellent storyline
- innovative gameplay which combine rpg and fps
from these 2 pros, ME is one of the absolute best games I have ever played.

cons:
- very bad executed ending sequence...I am somehow disappointed...

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
I have never had the ending to a series of movies, books, or game affect me like the ending to the ME series.

**SPOILER**

Unfortunately it was in a very bad way. To come so close, just to lose everything. I can totally understand it being ONE option out of a 5 or so.. but to make it the ONLY option? It's like they told the writers "get this shit done by noon today or you're outta here!" while they still needed several days to complete the game.

xAlex79

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2010
Bioware is really a shadow of the company it used to be. More and more of they key players are leaving the sinking boat as time passes by.

I am sure being bought out by EA has not helped that one bit. Origin exclusives? I am sorry Bioware but any game that I cannot buy on Steam or on a shelf is not being bought by me. Single player games with day 1 DLC that you have to pay for are not being bought by me either.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
Dear JK Rowling,

Please change the end of your book, and make sure Harry stays dead when I kill him.

Sincerely,

Lord Voldemort, aka Tom Riddle

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
Dear JRR Tolkien,

Please make your ending more heroi...oh wait, nevermind,

Sincerely,

The Eagles, who could have saved some time.

nyogen

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
[citation][nom]Kryan[/nom]Dear JK Rowling,Please change the end of your book, and make sure Harry stays dead when I kill him.Sincerely,Lord Voldemort, aka Tom Riddle[/citation]
The fail is strong with this one, I strongly suggest you do some reading about the real reasons behind the petition and what exactly is being petitioned then please, by all means, pitch in with your graceful wits.

akymi

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
The ending is great and anyone supporting this joke of a petition is a carebear and a victim of child worship. Not all stories have to have a hollywoodish happy end with a stupid party.

"Careful, for your ending may be a tragic one. Sometimes the hero dies in the end."

The only thing I would like to change is the figure of the little boy who dies in the start of the game and haunts your dreams ever since, and is also used by the creator as a projection to give an image to the voice you hear. One should be able to alter the figure of that boy based on the actions player took before ME3 (additional choice during character creation if not importing from ME2). My full renegade FemShep wouldn't give a single solitary **** about some unknown kid and neither would I had it been a real life situation.

Just a thought.

G

Every article I've read is a take from one Journalist reading another Journalist's work. If you read the articles from the Journalists who have actually played the games, or even the ones who bothered to do a little research, they applaud what is being done here. Some even go as far as to agree.

Instead of telling people what someone else who knows nothing about it thinks is the reason behind everything, why don't you bother to interveiw a player? Or, go to ChipIn and read the comments of the donors. Almost every single one says, "No matter the outcome, I am happy to donate to this cause." We're donating money with the potential for EA to respond as a side benefit. Not the other way around. We aren't sitting here trying to get attention, then throwing a fit because EA is mum. Contrary to popular belief, gamers aren't belligerent 15 year olds. Most of us have jobs, families, bills.

By diminuizing what is being done, "journalists" are also making it acceptable for EA not to acknowledge what an amazing thing its fan base has done. 44K in 3 days is staggering.

Status
Not open for further replies.