Phenom II successful/not successful core unlock

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

videl

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
OK I built a phenom II X2 system and as many of you who read my threads know I successfully unlocked the locked cores on it...I know that a number of people here on toms also had the same success I did...
For those who don't know about my system I'll post it later...
But I just want all the people who had success/no success in unlocking any phenom II X2 or X3 to post their results on this thread...or you could just PM me...I'm gonna do a phenom II unlocking guide and I want to collect some statistics to see approximately how high of a chance it is to build a computer with an X2 or X3 and successfully unlock.
Thanks...

PS: If it's not hard I would like to also know what motherboard and bios version you guys used to unlock. For those who didn't have success in unlocking cores this guide I'm working on might help in unlocking it if they did something wrong...
Thanks again... :)

videl

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
@Leooo
After you set the core unlocker to unlock set your acc to allcores auto or to allcores -2%
Also make sure your cpu vcore is set to at least 1.325
If that is till unstable try vcore 1.425
and if that is still unstable or wont boot then that means you got one of the bad chips unfortunately...
hope this helps... ;)

bignigjames

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012

how are we thieves? this requires no hacking or anything. its as simple as going in the bios going to advanced bios features and enabling "CPU Unlock." Nobody is being a thief. AMD would have done everything they could to not allow us to do that if they really didn't want us to do it.