Phenom II x2 550 not showing unlockable cores anymore

G

I was able to unlock cores on a gigabyte board with the exact same cpu but now that i have an msi 760GM-e51 its not showing that theres even cores to unlock. It has bios version 1.3 and core unlocking was released in V1.1 so i have no idea what the problem is.

I tried updating the bios but im having troubles creating a bootable Windows 98 CD so help in that area would also help

yo_yo2400

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Some chips will unlock on certain mobos and not others. It could be because of different ways to unlock or something but ive heard of it before. I have the same mobo and haven't had luck unlocking a cpu that was unlocked on my buddies computer.

EDIT: Not showing cores to unlock? What do you mean by that? I looked at my bios are you trying to manually set ACC? Why not just put it on auto and try?

G

msi tells me how to update the bios with a little help file and its telling my to make a windows 98 boot CD.

@yo_yo2400
When i go into the bios to enable core 2 and 3 they dont show up even after enabling core unlocking, only core 0 and 1 show

yo_yo2400

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
I cant help you with the boot CD but enable Auto ACC. If it boot keeps resseting you may need to use one ram module and move the green jumper to reset bios then put it back and go to bios. Then go to ACC set it to manual if it shows cores 0,1 as being in the ACC menu look if that CPU is supported to unlock on the MSI site maybe an exception or something? When you say enabling core unlocking do you mean manual correct? If not try what I said above and tell me how it goes.

yo_yo2400

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Are you sure you got to make a windows 98 boot disk? I thought you put the file on a flash drive and just had to name it something funky it says in the bios i know that it says something about specially named bios files. Ill look and check back.