Philips 37" LCD T.V blank screen

sarsalan1

Estimable
Apr 14, 2014
Hey people...i'm in a bit of a trouble...my Philips 37" LCD t.v just went blank...let me explain what happened...i was watching satellite channels via AV and my VGA was also connected and PC was on...when i switched to VGA after watching channels via av for a couple of hours the screen was showing inverted colors... :/ so i checked the vga cable if its loose or something but it was fine so went back and switched to AV and it went blank...i could hear the sound alright the LCD panel was lit like if the backlight was on but no screen...none of the options were appearing.. i turned it off and then back on and it returned the same blank screen with sound and backlights on...so i disconnected the lcd's mains and let it rest for a couple of minutes....back on and the same problem...can anyone tell me whats happening here ? ??
hey i disconnected the supply as i was searching on internet and just put it back on and it works just fine now... :s strange...still worried what happend here...and is it gonna keep happening or what ?

sarsalan1

Estimable
Apr 14, 2014

i too suspect that.. what i want to know is which part ? i need specifics to deal with it

sarsalan1

Estimable
Apr 14, 2014

thnx

sarsalan1

Estimable
Apr 14, 2014

hey scout...my lcd is driving me mad now...av mode is showing interlaced lines..horizontal...and picture is off scale..vga mode is working fine...i have the service manual and i even opend the back..everything seems in order i mean no swelled up capacitors or oil leaked...can this be lcd's video card ?