Philips Fidelio X2 without a sound card?

MrR4nDoM

Estimable
Jun 2, 2014
Hey lads!
So for a couple of weeks now, I've been looking for a new headset. I tried the Hyper X Cloud 2 and I was not satisfied. I've been looking for a headset that has higher sound quality and came across the Philips Fidelio X2.
I am thinking about buying the Philips Fidelio X2, but I'm really unsure about if I need a sound card for it. I've been doing some research about this topic and I'm not really sure.
So this is my question, if I buy a Philips Fidelio X2 should I buy a sound card with it, or should I just use the audio my motherboard provides me? And if so, do you recommend any sound cards that isn't too expensive?
My motherboard is a MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming
I'm not very intelligent when it comes to audio, so everything you say is appreciated!
Thank you so much for your time! -L

Solution
The X2 is a low impedance headphone and easy to drive. It's a nice improvement over the Fidelio X1 which I used to have. You should be just fine using the onboard audio. I also used to have a Z87-GD65 Gaming and the ALC1150 audio was pretty good. I say try the onboard audio and if you decide you want more, then upgrade to a better sound card.

rwpritchett

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
The X2 is a low impedance headphone and easy to drive. It's a nice improvement over the Fidelio X1 which I used to have. You should be just fine using the onboard audio. I also used to have a Z87-GD65 Gaming and the ALC1150 audio was pretty good. I say try the onboard audio and if you decide you want more, then upgrade to a better sound card.

Solution

MrR4nDoM

Estimable
Jun 2, 2014

You're not late :) But I'm not sure if I want to order it from that website. I live in Norway so the import fee will make the price almost the same as the original price. Though I have already ordered one that costs 200$ here in Norway, but it isn't in stock until march. :(
So I don't know. I reckon I'll just wait for the one here in Norway.
Anyway, thank you for the heads up, I appreciate it :)