phone charges only when battery removed

samsung2andrew

Commendable
May 31, 2016
When i plug my charger into my samsung J1 ace nothing happens when i plug the charger in when the phone is off the phone continuously pulses vibration.

The only way i can get it to charge is by pluging it in to charger removing the battery and reinserting the battery whilst still plugged into the charger then the phone turns on on and charges.

Solution
Very odd. If the phone is still under any warranty, I would really suggest contacting your carrier or the manufacturer about the issue.

If it isn't under warranty, I would check to make sure any apps you have recently installed or updated aren't interfering with the device's charging. You can do that by going into "Safe Mode" and then seeing if the device will charge just fine when it is in "Safe Mode".

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you...
Very odd. If the phone is still under any warranty, I would really suggest contacting your carrier or the manufacturer about the issue.

If it isn't under warranty, I would check to make sure any apps you have recently installed or updated aren't interfering with the device's charging. You can do that by going into "Safe Mode" and then seeing if the device will charge just fine when it is in "Safe Mode".

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable safe mode, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: Off" rather than On.

If that doesn't change the charging/battery removal issue, I would look at the port and the the battery connections to see if anything is loose, damaged, bent. You might also want to check that on the charger cord as well.

It is also possible that the battery is going, and just being a brat about it, rather than just not working. You could also try replacing the battery.

Solution