Phone droped in water

idnilir

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017
I dropped my phone (xiaomi mi5) in a swimming pool, I picked it up and tried to dry it. After two days, I tried to charge it, I turned it on, but the screen didn't response to touches and the battery was draining fast, also there was a violet strip in middle of the phone going from top to bottom. After the phones battery went to zero, I tried again charging it, but it shows only the battery charging with a flash (but no percentage), and after a while the phone gets warm. I don't know where's the problem, does anyone have any experience in this, what can it be?

yHBu8

Thank you!

Solution
Sounds like there is still water in the device, and it may have gotten damage other than the water as well. Plus if you didn't take out the battery, SIM, SD card, etc., when you were letting it dry (it should be left opened up when drying) then those could be damaged as well as where they connect to the phone.

So it could be any number of the listed reasons. And if the screen is doing that, it is probably damaged also. In the end, you would be better off replacing the phone.
Sounds like there is still water in the device, and it may have gotten damage other than the water as well. Plus if you didn't take out the battery, SIM, SD card, etc., when you were letting it dry (it should be left opened up when drying) then those could be damaged as well as where they connect to the phone.

So it could be any number of the listed reasons. And if the screen is doing that, it is probably damaged also. In the end, you would be better off replacing the phone.

Solution