Phone Question (Help)

waterise

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013
Not sure where to post this.

Alright, so I'm in a predicament. I currently have the LG G3 with AT&T. I'm not eligible for an upgrade until like April 26, 2016. My touchscreen got cracked a little but it makes the phone almost impossible to use. Literally, to type "lol" it takes 5 minutes.

I decided I just want to go back to iPhone all together, the 6 w/ 64GB.
The other factor is I want to go to Straight Talk ($45/mo w/ 5GB of 4G data, which is perfect for me).

Now, my question is, which option is best?
Option 1: Pay $750 for the iPhone 6 64GB outright and buy the Straight Talk chip & plan.
Option 2: Cancel my AT&T line (which will be $225) for my current phone, then pay $750 for the iPhone, then $45 for the Straight Talk plan.
Option 3: Somehow do AT&T Next and pay like $25/mo.

I'm not sure what the cheapest way to go about this is....
Am I really about to pay $1k just to be able to have the iPhone 6 with Straight Talk?
My current phone is pretty much unusable.
I could get the touchscreen fixed ($200), but I just wanna scrap it all-together and go with the iPhone.

Any other options anyone can think of?
Thanks!

You've already made your mind about iPhone, so the only viable question for you is: AT&T or ST?
It seems that ST piggybacks on AT&T towers, so the coverage should be the same (unless AT&T prefers its own subscribers when it has to boot someone off the tower).

And from there, two options:
- Stay with AT&T current contract, and pay your iPhone upfront (so you don't have to cancel your contract)
- Cancel your contract, and start fresh (either AT&T next or ST)

So, the choice is yours. You're gonna pay lose money (a lot of) anyway