Phone sees Wi-Fi, won't connect

Apr 9, 2018
I'm using my old Sony Xperia Z1s on my home Wi-Fi. The phone can see the network, but won't connect to it. I've connected another phone to the same network, so I know I'm typing the password correctly. When I click on the network to connect to it, the signal bars go all the way down for a split second, then come back to full with the network still saying it's "Saved". Every now and then it'll say authentication problem, but I know the password was input correctly. The most frustrating part is this started happening today. It's been working perfectly for over a week.

Solution
The only other things I can think of is the modem/router or the ISP being the issue. Yes it may connect to other devices, but may have issue with yours. You could try resetting it (turn it off and back on) and see if the phone well then connect to it. Should that not resolve it then you may want to go into the modem's/router's settings and make sure it wasn't changed to not accept that device. Individual devices can be blocked on most modems/routers. Lastly, should all this stuff not resolve it, talk to your ISP and see if they have limitations on how many devices can be connected? Either per the modem/router or if they added limitations on their service. Some do.
Apr 9, 2018
I took the phone to my step mom's house, and it connected to her Wi-Fi perfectly. I came back home, and it won't connect to my Wi-Fi. We have the same ISP. I "forgot" the network on it, and on my main phone. I typed the password exactly the same into both phones, and it still didn't connect on the Sony phone. It works fine on my main phone.

The only other things I can think of is the modem/router or the ISP being the issue. Yes it may connect to other devices, but may have issue with yours. You could try resetting it (turn it off and back on) and see if the phone well then connect to it. Should that not resolve it then you may want to go into the modem's/router's settings and make sure it wasn't changed to not accept that device. Individual devices can be blocked on most modems/routers. Lastly, should all this stuff not resolve it, talk to your ISP and see if they have limitations on how many devices can be connected? Either per the modem/router or if they added limitations on their service. Some do.

Solution