Phone turns off after screen time out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2018
My HTC 816 turns off / shuts down after screen time out. After time out if you let it ideal for 5-7 seconds and then try to wake it up by pressing the power button, you will have to long press the button and the phone will boot.
I also noticed it turns of completely about 80% times and 20% times it restarts.

Other interesting thing i noticed is that if the phone is plugged into a power source it wont turnoff/restart, it will behave as it should.

Also if you are on a call, and the screen times out it wont turnoff / restart.

I guess the problem comes when the phone is left idle.

I have tried factory reset, clearing cache, booting in safe mode, nothing works.

Battery is in very good condition, no fluctuations gives very good backup.

It may be one of your apps, malware or a virus. Try starting up the device in "Safe Mode". While you will have limited access, you can test it for the problem when the phone is idle. If this doesn't happen in "Safe Mode" then there is something on the phone you need to remove. If it does happen in "Safe Mode", then it may well be hardware.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Aug 1, 2018

How do I know what I have to remove if it doesn't happen in safe mode?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.