Phones Get Killed & Grilled: iPhone, Android, WP7

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgrzTX

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
Very impressive by the HD 7. If they wanted to start a ridiculous/funny kind of add campaign they could definitely use this.

rubix_1011

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
Wow...scientific results and conclusions based on uncontrolled tests and uncontrolled variables. Were there temp probes under each phone to ensure there were the same temps throughout the test? How about limiting the flames to reach the same to each phone. If you notice, the 2 outer phones failed, but were also in direct contact with fire. The 'winner' was not, and likely shielded from heat as well, due to whatever is below it.

Come on Tom's...we know it was in good fun, but does that mean 'free advertising for the winner' based on something as an expensive joke and no scientific proof for the results?

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]SephirothMK[/nom]After watching this, I feel like an Etiopean skeleton child when he watches some fat american eating a burger.........[/citation]

Wow, what an appropriate comparison! You, watching a video of a cell phone being burnt on the internet, comparing yourself to a starving child in a third world country watching someone like... you. Nice.

G

@rubix_1011

actually i would have pegged the center phone going first because there is a larger concentration of heat there, i usually find that the coals turn white closer to the center first whereas those on the surround would be the last to go white, flames will only cause cosmetic damage (in fact the majority of consumer electronics have flame retardant coating), the heat is what inflicts the killing blow

Status
Not open for further replies.