Photos disappeared from Olympus OMD EM-1

lindscatt

Estimable
Dec 11, 2015
I have a new Olympus OMD EM-1, I took it out today and took about 100 photos. Later, when I sat down to look at what I'd taken, I discovered none of the pictures were there ln my camera gallery.
Old pictures I had taken on previous day's were there but not today's ones.
When I was taking the snaps today, the live view was showing fine and the resulting picture displayed on my camera screen for five seconds as it usually does.
I received no error messages at all.
The only anomaly was that I was asked to input the date and time - which I know j already did when I originally set up the camera - so I did it again. That was before I took any of today's pictures.
I tried removing the SD card and uploading to my laptop - thinking any photos I took that didn't go onto an SD card might have been saved to an internal memory but there did not appear to be anything there.
I also plugged in my USB cable to my laptop and had a look at what was on my SD card (the new pics weren't there). I did not upload anything though as I have read that if it is a formatting issue that uploading other photos can overwrite lost pics if it IS a formatting issue.
Please help!! I'm so disappointed to have lost my pictures and even if I can't recover them it would be helpful to know what went wrong so it doesn't happen again.
Thanks in advance,
Lindsay x