Photos from iPhone won't sync with Mac!

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttowest

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013
Normally when I connect my iPhone, iPhoto opens up automatically and gives me an option to upload photos to computer. Tonight it is not doing that. What can I do to get these photos into iPhoto?

Solution

This same problem has been hounding me for the last two days between my iPhone 6 and my MacBook Pro. I tried everything listed below (restarting, trying to get my mac to recognize my iPhone via Image Capture, etc) to no avail.

I JUST got it working, again!

After doing a fresh synch, I powered off my iPHONE 6 (can't believe I didn't do it sooner!!!!) and did a restart on my MacBook Pro at the same time. I did this while my iPhone was connected to my machine (an oversight...)

When they both came back up, iPhoto STILL wasn't opening...

kelsse

Estimable
Nov 1, 2014
I just had the same issue. I resolved it by unplugging my iPhone, shutting down iPhoto, shutting down iTunes and then plugging the iPhone back in and restarting both programs. Just thought I'd post in case it helped you.

Dani Sal

Estimable
Nov 8, 2014
I've had this problem for a while. I've tried following the instructions posted on Apple, but my computer doesn't show "Image Capture." I've gone to the Genius Bar, but they couldn't figure it out. What I do now is upload my photos to the shutterfly app, and then delete them to make space.

musicman33us

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014
I had the same issue with both my iphone and my dslr on my Imac. When i plugged in my camera, image capture launched and did not list my camera. But when I ran a search for image capture in spotlight on my mac, it launched and detected my camera and iphone 5c.
dont rely on image capture to launch correctly when you plug in your device. try launching the app while your device is plugged in.
Ray
12/1/2014 10:04pm

Just Kimberly

Estimable
Dec 10, 2014

This same problem has been hounding me for the last two days between my iPhone 6 and my MacBook Pro. I tried everything listed below (restarting, trying to get my mac to recognize my iPhone via Image Capture, etc) to no avail.

I JUST got it working, again!

After doing a fresh synch, I powered off my iPHONE 6 (can't believe I didn't do it sooner!!!!) and did a restart on my MacBook Pro at the same time. I did this while my iPhone was connected to my machine (an oversight...)

When they both came back up, iPhoto STILL wasn't opening up, automatically. For the millionth time, I unplugged my USB cable from my Mac, waited 3 or so seconds, and plugged it back in.

FINALLY! It worked!!!!!

Solution

mddi

Estimable
Dec 10, 2014

Oh my god thank you Just Kimberly I have had the problem for days and I simply restarted my Mac and iPhone like you said and now my iPhone is showing up in iPhoto again! My Mac did take a little while longer to restart than usual so I am wondering if maybe there was an update waiting or something like that? I have an iPhone 5 and a MacBook Pro, using this method helped me to find my iPhone in iPhoto again thank you!!

Just Kimberly

Estimable
Dec 10, 2014
You are *so* welcome!

The next thing I was going to try was to put on a pair of purple fuzzy socks, then jump up and down on my left foot while restarting our time capsule *cough* and singing "Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This" by Annie Lennox.

I'm so glad it worked for you!

sstonick

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014

Thank you thank you thank you. I was loosing my mind over this. Just ready to pack things up and go to the Apple Store for some counseling!! Thought I would try one last safari search and this site and your answer came up! It worked!!

slamdance

Estimable
Jan 17, 2015

Ditto the above!! THANK YOU!! I thought I was losing my mind...well, that may still be true, but at least I can import my pics now.

mastropop

Estimable
Jan 26, 2015
Amazing! I followed all your instructions JustKimberly... things were moving slowly and it didn't seem like it was going to work. But then suddenly, the images started loading! I was able to import all the images and videos from my phone that have been collecting for a month now! Nothing lost! Thank you, I was going out of my mind!

d5_nini

Estimable
May 4, 2015

Thank you this also worked for me after trawling loads of blogs and nothing working :) and I was running out of room on my phone :( - fab fix :)

Sophie_sin

Estimable
May 14, 2015
I can't wait to try tonight. This has been happening to me on my MacBook for months and I just bought a new iMac and it happened again !!!! I can't wait to be able to import my photos again !

lisaB922

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
I have been searching for an answer too. I noticed that my Iphoto software is seeing them as JPEGs, which is new....
I went into my phone to see if I can change that, but I don't see how.
I wonder if it is a poor update????

anyone?????

kkhicks7

Estimable
Jun 18, 2015
I had this problem all morning. I restarted my iPhone, computer, reset my pass codes then turned them off, etc. My iPhoto still kept popping up with a message saying my iPhone was locked with a passcode.

Finally, I opened up iTunes and a pop up came up asking me if I wanted to access information on my iPhone. I clicked continue, and then a pop up came up on my phone asking whether to 'trust' or 'don't trust' this computer.

Once I clicked 'trust' everything went back to normal. I realized my iPhone was never locked with a passcode it just had to 'trust' the computer.
Usually this should pop up in the very beginning when you first plug in your phone, but if it doesn't, try opening iTunes and following these steps. It worked for me, at least.. hope this helps!

Bryan_4

Estimable
Oct 20, 2015
had a similar problem, was powering off phone, closing photos, unplugging.. all that

turned out it was the usb port.. wasn't giving me a message of error so it wasn't my first thought. plugged cord into other side and it works as it always has. be advised..

mayqlaf

Estimable
Nov 8, 2015
If you have Final Cut Pro 10.2.2, or even another version, be sure you quit the Final Cut Pro App before connecting your phone to you computer. When Final Cut Pro 10.2.2 is closed, photos will sync with Photos App and Image Capture as they should.

I was having similar problems and was using the workaround of restarting my phone with it plugged into my Mac. Now I no longer need to do that since I know Final Cut Pro is what's causing the problem. Turning off any other App you have that syncs with Photos might offer similar success.

This problem and solution have been reported to the engineers at Apple.

Hollie_Ellie

Estimable
Nov 28, 2015

Instead of restarting my computer like other suggestions, I just turned my phone off (whilst connected to the computer), quit iPhoto, turned my phone back on. iPhoto and Itunes popped up and said that it could not acess my phone because it had not been unlocked - blah blah blah. I unlocked my phone, quit iPhoto once more, and when I reopened iPhoto - hey presto - my photos showed up!
:)

brucerodmclean

Estimable
Jan 10, 2016

I have exactly the same problem. I can't seem to find a solution on any forum either. And the only options seem to be to pay for icloud?

Status
Not open for further replies.