Photoshop CS4 is slow on my new system, help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sportplus

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
Hi guys,

I just built a great new system from scratch but it seems Photoshop CS4 64bit is running slow for some reason. If I can play BF3 on Ultra settings , then I'm sure I shouldn't be having any issues with CS4 right ?

CS4 opens nice and fast but when I go to use the filter gallery, it takes quite a while to select and view different filters. I'm working with an image thats 4791x3127 and 8.1MB.

Here are my system specs:

-Windows 7 64bit
-8 gigs of DDR3 memory 1600
-I5 2500k CPU
-Gigabyte GTX 580
-Asus P8P67 Pro
-Western Digital 500GB HDD

How can I speed things up ?

nikorr

Distinguished

Can u OC the CPU? U can go easy to 4.0Ghz

How much page do u have?

SSD would do wonders, get OCZ Vertex 2 @ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227528

Sportplus

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
Thanks for the reply, but there should really be no need for me to OC my CPU while trying to work with CS4.

What do you mean by how much page do I have ?

I think a SSD would do the trick, but I can't afford one now.

Any other solutions / input ?

nikorr

Distinguished
[fixed]How can I speed things up ?[/fixed]
If u buy 2500K, why not OC??? Its free and u have it at home already... And it will speed up things just fine.

Can u get SSD Vertex2 for $99.99? That will make your system fly.

Sportplus

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
I want to keep things at stock for now and only OC near the end of it's lifecycle. I mean whats the point of buying one of the "latest and greatest" cpu's out now if it can't run CS4 smoothly at stock settings ? That's why I bought the cpu.

Plus like I said, if I can run BF3 on ultra the I don't see why the cpu or whatever it is, is having such a hard time with CS4.

I should be FLLYYIINNGG with my rig but it's let me down with CS4. :(

What is "quite a while"? Have you looked at benchmarks for the program with similar systems?

Also if this is not a legal copy of CS4, you may want to search for these issues when using pirated copies, there are programs that cripple themselves if used with a fake code. They will run, but disable features or slow things down.

Status
Not open for further replies.