Photoshop CS6 pixelated fonts on 4k monitor

Jorge Avitia

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015
So I recently purchased a 4k monitor SAMSUNG U28E590D 28" 4k monitor and I ran into a problem with PS 6 not scaling properly. At first I had the issue with the application being tiny. So I looked up a solution to scale it to regular size. Now the problem is that the menu fonts and other stuff around the application looks pixelated. Anyone have a solution for this? All my other applications scale properly except for photoshop. Thanks!

Windows 10 x64
amd 8350
gtx 750 ti sc
Screen resolution 3840 x 2160 scaled to 200%

Monitor link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824022246

Solution
Creative Cloud is...both. You still download the application locally, but it DOES authenticate to the Adobe Creative Cloud so you'll need an internet connection.

Jorge Avitia

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015

is this in photoshop or somewhere on windows? because I cannot find this path in photoshop. Thanks!

Luminary

Estimable
Nov 29, 2015
My apologies. That feature seems to only be available in the CC versions.

The only other fixes I've been able to find reference having to change the Windows Registry files...which is a pretty drastic step. If you want to give that a go you can, but if you can live with slightly pixelated icons that would definitely be a safer move. Have many backups made if you decide to mess with the registry.

Jorge Avitia

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015

I've already done the reg edit when the menu was really small but now the problem is pixelation. I might have to upgrade to cc. Thanks

Luminary

Estimable
Nov 29, 2015
Creative Cloud is...both. You still download the application locally, but it DOES authenticate to the Adobe Creative Cloud so you'll need an internet connection.

Solution

Franco Rus

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
Hi Jorge,

I have exactly the same problem with the same monitor (SAMSUNG U28E590D 28" 4k). I have just bought this monitor last week and have gone through modifying the regedit and it was all fine one time. My Lightroom 2015 and Photoshop 2015.5 were functioning fine. For some reasons, both lightroom and phtoshop are getting pixelated this afternoon.

I would much appreciate if you or any other tom's guide members who have successfully solve this problem would share he solutions with us. Thanks!