MistressMunin

Commendable
Jun 14, 2016
Hi! So, first off, I have an HP Pavillion dv6 with a Radeon HD Graphics card 1.40 Ghz and 4GB Ram. I've had it about 5 years. For the last 2 of those years, I've had an issue with the screen. It will freeze, and when I move it back and forth it will do different things: the images will break apart and repeat (for instance, the start task bar will be visible both at the bottom and the middle, etc.) or lines will shoot across horizontally. If I leave it alone in a spot where it's frozen, it will eventually turn white/grey. However, if I continue to adjust it back and forth, I can usually get it to a spot where it will work again (sometimes just for a few minutes, sometimes for months, as long as I don't move the screen). The sound still works when it's frozen, by the way. I was wondering if anyone had any idea what the issue might be? I was thinking it might be the graphics card or some sort of physical lighting component... maybe something broke and is putting pressure on something it shouldn't be, so when I adjust the screen, the pressure changes? Anyway, I'm finally fed up with it, so I thought I'd ask here before I took it in anywhere. If it's an expensive fix, I'd rather just get a new laptop, even though I'm quite attached to this one. Anyway, thanks in advance! I appreciate it!