PICTURED: Official Shots of PS3 Slim

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

astrodudepsu

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
[citation][nom]xavier_23[/nom]Ps1 slim was inferior to phat, Ps2 idem, so Ps3 slim not win my vote, is cheaper so internally has worse hardware.[/citation]

Ever hear of a die shrink man? Three years is a long time to go without one! The 'same' parts are MUCH smaller now, think 90nm to 32nm. Not worse hardware at all. More efficient hardware.

KyleSTL

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
[citation][nom]o0RaidR0o[/nom]The reason why I want it (and many may not know this) is because it's cheaper then 99% of the blueray players currently on the market[/citation]
When was the last time you priced a BluRay player? And it's spelled BluRay (no 'e').

jnjkele

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2005
All the fancy graphics in the world still can't make up for poor game play. Games make a console, I don't care what's in it, and the PS3 has fewer interesting titles (to me at any rate) than any other console. BluRay is a non-starter at this point as I still disagree with the premium on media and I enjoy my existing DVD library just fine on my 60$ upconverting DVD player. Limited online offerings are also hurting Sony. Too little, too late IMO.

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
If you look at the front, to me it seems to have only 2 USB ports, which means perhaps 2 controllers connected, at least for charging, and if you have USB hard drives attached for storage like I do, well one at least, it limits connectivity, unless they come out with USB hub compatibility.

Micropat

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
I don't like the matt finish. I've no problems with finger prints or scratcheds on a 2 yr old PS3. At least it dosen't look as flat as the unofficial images leaked before. I'm very happy with my 60 GB (upgraded to 160) with the emotion engine. I'll hold onto it until it dies or next gen consoles come out.

Dave_69

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
Too little too late. They should have released this thing just like this a few years ago.

Still, I'll stick to my PC - which can do everything a PS3 can do, and MORE.

will_chellam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
Not a fan I have to say - it looks cheap and poorly finished as in all the seams between pieces and chromework look flimsy like the dashboard in a korean car....

In my opinion they should have made it more in keeping with their TV and home cinema kit - transluscent glass niceness with hovering LED's and buttons....

taiso

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
i agree with most, it looks cheap, it screams home-router-plastic-finish to me. and i just received word from my store we're selling it starting sep 1st. and we're also dropping the 80 gig model 100 dollars.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]theholylancer[/nom]What did they cut out internally, who cares what it looks, only what it is inside.[/citation]

funny back on teh alst generation every ps2 fanboi was talking shit aobut how gi-normous teh orignal xbox was, not saying that youa re a ps3 fanboi , just stating afact that i find hilarious now that every one is like "who cares what it would look like, 360 should have had a built in HDD, and the ps3 is so awsome".

mr personally i was fien witht eh size of the original xbox it was still smaller than my gaming PC , and i wouldnt care if teh 360 was bigger cos of an internal HDD , nor do ir eally care what teh ps3 looks liek , but on a note it stil looks liek a goerge forman grill lol jsut a smaller one now :p

bk420

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
It's even more ugly than the spy photos... I pitty the retards that stick complain about the old shiny looking ps3. At least I'm proud to have nice looking piece of hardware next to my home theater. This thing looks like the old n64 finish...CHEAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.