Pictured: The BlackBerry Storm 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
I went to the Verizon store to buy a storm but when I tried it out in the store it definitely changed my mind. I've got a dare now. I'm biding my time until I see a legitimate iphone competitior at Verizon.

The storm sucks.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
I tried the storm for about 5 minutes in the store. I ended up with the bold. I have to offer email support during office hours and I couldn't stand typing on a touchscreen.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
This in my eyes, after all of the hype on tv, is a big flag saying "we screwed up the first version, so we're rushing a newer and improved one out as quick as possible". Seriously, any replacement product that comes out this fast automatically labels the predecessor as a flop or that it was plagued with issues.

matt2k

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
I was going to go with the storm, but i hate typing on a touch screen so i went with the curve. if they could introduce a touchscreen for it and retain the keyboard it would make my year.

n1stunna

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
I got a storm. I sort of like it. Its ok for watching movies while waiting at work. However it tends to lock up a tad to much, around once a day.

I never got a real chance to test it since most phone retailers in my area put up crappy plastic fakes. what a great idea lets showoff a smart phone that is about the UI and not show off the UI!

Turns out I had a 30 days to return it provided it is unused. or it must be returned before the first 30 min of use or you are stuck with it.

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
feel bad for people who got suckered into the storm, some did not have an option but my friend got it because he thought it was good and he was out of contract too.

It's funny when he tries to just take a pic, the people in the pic need to be really patient lol...

tomernatorII

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
i've had one since verizon first offered it in December. I've had a lot of problems and I'm currently waiting for the my replacement storm to come in the mail today. There are things that I definitely love about it and there are things I definitely hate about it. The internet browser is definitely great and the fact that I can switch the screen from portrait to landscape easily is something to love as well. However, this week the touch screen started to fail and not respond to my touches. I was very pleased with Verizon's customer service and tech support which is HUGE when it comes to being happy with using a mobile.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
After owning a Storm for a little while I can understand why there is so much controversy. If you are used to mashing your fingers on a keypad to churn out text messages, you will hate the touchscreen. If you are used to desktop PCs where you can load a dozen sh** apps at once without slowing down, you will hate the operating system. However, if you treat it like a phone and appreciate how much more it is than a phone (as opposed to how much less it is than a PC) you will most likely LOVE the Storm. Don't try to run every app at once. Don't think you will get used to the touchscreen with 6 minutes of practice. And most importantly of all: don't go to a store and ask to try the demo, unless you want to immediately fail on the first two challenges.

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
I've been bashing Apple / Macs all over the forums but I have to say that every cell phone maker has iPhone envy. I was looking forward to the Pre but upon reading the pre-production reviews, it's definitley not a iPhone killer. The only way a Pre will be relevant is if the price is $99 with a 2yr contract or existing customers can upgrade for $99 w/o extending their contract. I have a Palm Treo 755 and ready to move onto something different. I had the iPhone pre-3G for 2 weeks last year but exchanged it for the Treo 755. But now it's much more compelling that the iPhone is 3G. The only thing holding me back is AT&T crappy service YMVV.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
I have had the storm since it came out and i dont see any problems with it. Its so far everything and alot more then i even use with a phone. Email is great messengers are great the few apps i have on it work fine. The touch screen is the only way to go with the phone that uses a screen as the dial pad and text keyboard. I tried the iphone and that none push button screen pissed me off in the first 5 minutes. I got use to the touch screen in the first couple days and i wouldnt trade it for a crippled single function screen. Really the only upgrades i would give the phone were a faster cam and a video accelerator chip for some games ;) O and the screen could have been a bit bigger and actualy wide screen. As far as a Iphone competiter? who cares.. Iphone i garbage to me in to many ways. The keyboard and touch screen being major ones not to mention i pretty much hate apple products all together because of how they reinvent the wheel and quad price it for no reason and make it look ugly. Now the new iphones arent over priced anymore thank god but the rest stands. Not to mention the network i would be forced to use (shudder)

G

I've got the storm... I grant there are some slight problems with it, but honestly I love this thing... I don't know how I lived without it. I wish it had a few more apps, and I wish it played more video formats, and I wish that once a month or so, it didn't take a min or two and white screen with the "loading" symbol. That's rare enough though as to be not much of an issue. A higher MP camera would also be nice, particularly since I actually end up using the camera. Overall, I used to have a microsoft based phone, and I never used all the features... they were to hard to use and to awkward to syncronize. The storm on the other hand I use constantly. Much easier. I love this phone and would never go back.

G

I have owned a Storm for some time now... It is equivalent to a shitty CPU & Ram with a great GPU & Monitor running windows ME.
You have to use Beta Releases to save your self the hassle of all the issues that happen with storm's OS. Verizon is still running Version .75... Latest version i last checked was .141... currently using .122.

I just hope Storm 2, OS is the equivalent of Windows XP from RIM. & the hardware halfway decent this time. & Iphone may be better but its completely banned by my company & its sister affiliates for business use..

G

Verizon should offer the Storm 2 to unsatisfied customers whove put up with the first Storm. They offered me another Storm or the Blackberry Tour for free to replace my crappy Storm. Why can't they jsut admit they put out a crap product?

Status
Not open for further replies.