PICTURED: The Google Phone - Nexus One

Status
Not open for further replies.

batkerson

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2008
Yummy. . .but at what cost? I understand that Google will sell directly to the public, and not necessarily via service providers, but at what cost? AND if AT&T gets their hands on it -- or any other service provider for that matter -- I suspect they'll eviscerate many of the cool features and force users to go directly to their own app website (e.g., AT&T Media Net) rather than to any main menu or to have the option of programming their phone any way they want, and esp. menus.

Google has enough clout that they should require in their contract with service providers that NO functions are disabled, else it would hurt Google's image as a phone manufacturer.

Viva Google. . .go get 'em!

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
"Check the device below and let us know what you think!"
Um, I think it's a picture? so what? let me see specs and I'll let you know what I think rofl

G

Blackberry on the table, google-phone in the hand, and an iphone taking the picture :p

scorc25

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
thinner than the iphone? well...consumers will just have to worry even more about cracking it in their pocket. At least it wont be blowing up...hopefully.

9d3tsi

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Hmmmm... It looks just like an Iph..... nevermind. It seems like every PDA phone coming out looks that way. I'm interested in this "direct sale to the public" aspect. Could there really be a phone that is not totally watered down due to junk carrier software and other such limitations?

blueer03

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Is this a variant of the HD2? I heard on another website that it will be running a Snapdragon processor. Call me excited!

outacontrolpimp

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
are you effing kidding!!!!!!! att again!!!!! when will these good phones come out for effing verizon!!!! making a phone for att is like saying "NEW GREAT PHONES WITH AWESOME FEATURES YOU CANT USE BECAUSE THERES NO SERVICE!!!!" mother eff

Glorian

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2008
I can almost guarantee the reason they are going ATT and Tmobile is GSM. Something that Verizon or Sprint don't use.

I hope this does come to AT&T cause I do not want an iphone.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Can they turn my PSPgo into a phone yet? Just gimme 3g and a sim card and I'll happily be on my way. =D

Too many fragile phones out there... I want something useful AND durable.

Status
Not open for further replies.