Question Pioneer firmware issues

Jun 4, 2022
I have a Pioneer AVH-1500NEX which has firmware that needs to be updated. I’ve followed each step from start to finish but I can’t get either the stereo or the USB drive to work.
Let me start by saying what I’ve tried. I bought new USB drives 4GB so not too big. I formatted them to FAT32, all six of them. I downloaded the update from Pioneer, unzipped it and copied it on to the USB drive.
I turn the source off on the stereo and go to System Information, then to firmware update. I plug in the USB drive and every single time I get the same message:
“ UPDATE FILE VERSION ERROR”
“Please check the version of the update and try again”
So I go back and start all over again. Formatting, downloading, copying, and I still get the same message. I must have done this 30 times thus far at least. I’m at the end of my rope.
I called Pioneer and they said I was doing everything correctly so it should work. Does anyone know how to fix it so I can update the firmware? Any suggestions, tricks, or tips will be greatly appreciated. I hope someone has an idea of what I’m doing wrong. Thanks in advance for the help.

Jun 4, 2022
I should add that I formatted the USB drives on a Mac, but I made sure the drive was completely clear of all hidden files and is formatted to FAT32.
Could it be that using a Mac to format the USB drives is causing the problem? I used a USB disk to load a background photo onto the stereo and didn’t have any problems.

Jun 4, 2022
After I wrote that yesterday I went to my friends house who has a PC and formatted, downloaded, copied, four USB drives. I came home and tried them out but got a new message this time.
It said, “the file version is out of date and needs to be updated.” I have no idea what that means. The file came straight from Pioneer so it can’t be outdated. I’m starting to think it’s cursed.
Any ideas? Do you think if I took it to a Pioneer authorized dealer they would do it for me? I honestly don’t know what else to do.

Jun 4, 2022
Thanks for your help trying to figure it out with me. I think that’s my last option. I hope they don’t charge me to do it because that would just add insult to injury. Have a great day and thanks again.