Pixar's Wall-E Brought to Life by California Farmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Bauer

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
digiex, I hate your comment not because you said "Copyright Infringement!", but because you said "people will hate me for this comment"

3edgy5me

John Bauer

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
digiex, I hate your comment not because you said "Copyright Infringement!", but because you said "people will hate me for this comment"

3edgy5me

video99

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
"...at how big Wall-E's hands were in relation to a VHS tape" I hope they didn't, because you will remember that the tape in the film was Beta not VHS! Geeky factoid: The tape was supposed to be a domestic Beta (Betamax) tape but it seems the CGI people didn't have one to hand so used a studio Beta (BetacamSP / DigiBeta) tape which is the same size but has subtle differences which can be seen in the film. In that sense, Beta outlived VHS.

nino_z

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
"Wall-E Builder's Club"?! Seriously, there is such a thing? Next thing you are gonna tell me its members are not children.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
Since money is more important that individual freedom in the US. I expect this farmer to get sued, lose EVERYTHING and the kids to end up never buying anything Disney ever. These old time companies can't see the value in free advertising. Example, if someone steals your movie and shares it with 1000 people, it's likey to be bought more than it would be otherwise. You aren't losing money, you are gaining sales from the free advertising. Good movies = sell. Crappy sequels and poor writing = don't sell. I think it's awesome this guy make this with the help of thers, but I fully expect him to have nothing in the bank soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.