Play SNES, Genesis Carts via USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]dauthus[/nom]Awesome, now I can pay $90 to play games I already own?! Serious wtf on this product.[/citation]

agreed. why would we have tons of the cartridges but not the system laying around?

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Who needs to pay a whopping $90 for something illegal, when you can download an ilegal emulator and the complete snes/sega roster for free online. No cartridges needed.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]Who needs to pay a whopping $90 for something illegal, when you can download an ilegal emulator and the complete snes/sega roster for free online. No cartridges needed.[/citation]

and i'm sure you could get a cheap usb flash drive that can hold the whole library of SNES or Genesis roms too

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
Response to bustapr, a poem by WheelsOfConfusion

[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]Who needs to pay a whopping $90 for something illegal, when you can download an ilegal emulator and the complete snes/sega roster for free online. No cartridges needed.[/citation]
It's actually probably not illegal to use the Snega2USB
Especially if you skip the ROM-ripping part
But it's almost definitely illegal to download the ROMs from the P2P
Even if you own the original cart

~fin

I've been watching this project grow for a few months now. It's definitely been something I'm interested in, but not necessarily for $90.

MoUsE-WiZ

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
This isn't nearly as cool as the NES USB controller (especially if you make the controller yourself, but even if you buy one already made), and it seems significantly less useful too.

mharris80

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
[citation][nom]MoUsE-WiZ[/nom]This isn't nearly as cool as the NES USB controller (especially if you make the controller yourself, but even if you buy one already made), and it seems significantly less useful too.[/citation]

Yeah, those USB NES and SNES controllers are sweet.

gto127

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
Its a neat device but when you can buy snes or genisis consoles for $20 a piece at pawn shops & use the original controllers why would anyone consider payng that price. I might buy one at $20.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I haven't check, but I'm sure they have a EULA down there that prevent said cartridges to be used on hardware other than the one specified by Nintendo of America® or Sega Entertainment USA®, bla bla bla...

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]$90 will get you used (if lucky, new) PS2, much more value.[/citation]
True that $90 isn't worth it but this is about snes, and snes roms.
Everyone likes snes!!!:)

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
$90 to play games on the computer...
OR free if you've ever heard of SNES9X
I don't see to many people buying this thing.
If I wanted to pay money for old games I would just download them on the Wii.

Vampyrbyte

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
Saw this ages ago on Hackaday. That said it is expensive i aggree, and $90 will probably buy you both a Megadrive and a SNES. However as far as emulation goes this is awesome! 100% awesome.
This not only promotes the legal emulation of the old games, but its a proof of concept first and foremost, I dont expect it to be a huge commercial success, seeing as anyone with an internet connection can download every SNES and Megadrive game ever released, versions of it, and even the Japanese version, why would you activly buy this?!

Still a neat device.

Status
Not open for further replies.