Playing Spotify on my home theatre system

kChaste

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
Hi all,

My situation is I hope to be able to connect my music from spotify to have its audio output from my home theatre system. As you all know spotify streams rather than physically downloading the music files, I don't have physical media files to be played.

Samsung 40" Full HD (non-smart)TV
Samsung HT-D5530WK(wireless connected to home network)
2Wire Modem 5012NV

A couple of solutions that I have thought of myself:

1. Pray that spotify will release an app for my home theatre system. Smart TVs have it but not mine.
2. Use an extra long HDMI cable of 10 metres at least to connect my PC to me home theatre system.

any other solutions?

I also don't mind if I can play spotify from my Galaxy S5 too!

Solution
You can use a Roku stick or box with it's spotify app.
You can use the Spoticast app on your phone with a chromecast stick.
Both of those require your TV to be on. If you would rather not then
You could buy a bluetooth receiver like this
http://www.amazon.com/Miccus-Home-RTX-Bluetooth-Transmitter/dp/B00713RSE0/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1394218482&sr=8-6&keywords=bluetooth+adapter+for+tv
connect it to your ht system and pair it with your phone.
You could also add a Sonos Connect to your HT system and use your phone as a remote for it. They have apps for just about any free and pay streaming service.
You can use a Roku stick or box with it's spotify app.
You can use the Spoticast app on your phone with a chromecast stick.
Both of those require your TV to be on. If you would rather not then
You could buy a bluetooth receiver like this
http://www.amazon.com/Miccus-Home-RTX-Bluetooth-Transmitter/dp/B00713RSE0/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1394218482&sr=8-6&keywords=bluetooth+adapter+for+tv
connect it to your ht system and pair it with your phone.
You could also add a Sonos Connect to your HT system and use your phone as a remote for it. They have apps for just about any free and pay streaming service.

Solution

Sarkarlos

Estimable
May 12, 2014
You could buy a 3.5mm to RCA L/R cable. Plug the RCA L/R into your receiver and the 3.5mm into your phone :) If you have a laptop then you can plug the 3.5mm into the analog audio out and just place your laptop on or near your receiver. Analog only carries a stereo signal (aka no 5.1 or 7.1 surround) but that doesn't really matter, considering the fact that 99.99% of all music is only in stereo anyway. Also. on Spotify everything is stereo :)