PlayStation 3-related Losses Hit $4.7 Billion

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

commodore-64

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
tell yer wat ? that god dam japs...don't buy their gremlin shit..ps3 sucks bullshit....yeah...first time the 360 also sucked,but now that lil sucka is nice and runs good..... america, the home of da brain,land of da free...we should stay close to the flag and hype our own products...that god damn japs...don't buy their crappy pissy shit frag shit count console...stay american..for the flag ;) our flag ;) .... all good computer parts was invented by america first..so ,we are no.1 ..dad is da truth..yer know....god bless our america ;)

Dave_69

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
I always enjoy reading these threads - there are always so many people who think they know Sony's business model better than Sony does, and who have little to no real-world business experience to go on.

p75

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
No wonder, PS3 is rubbish and not as good as PS2 or PS1. Don't forget the yellow light of death.

waxdart

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
And all it would take to fix it all would be one game on PS3 "only".
Sure it would have to be one of the best games ever made. I mean much better than everything else ever ever ever.

But the whole point of it all is to make a machine, get it in as many homes as possible. Get a selection of top selling must have games. Make licence profit.

The 360 had halo - A basic fps by pc standards. Where is the PS3 IP?

maisere

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
[citation][nom]ukgooey[/nom]This is all about who released that gen of console first. The PS2 came out and everyone got an erection and didn't bother with the XBOX when it released. MS got wise to this and released a poor quality, quickly knocked up shitty quality XBOX 360 that RROD'd for everybody who got one, with a long term plan to just fix them (or not) under guarantee. Then nobody bothered with a PS3.Clever Billy eh? I had to send my 360 back to him twice. And didn't get a PS3. So his plan for world console domination worked. For now.Most likely we'll see the same scenario again at the release of the next generation.[/citation]

Crude but pretty much spot on.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]climber[/nom]Throw in the ISP's bandwidth caps and you will be paying through the nose for all those movie downloads, in overage charges, whether they are through torrents or the Microsoft marketplace or the Playstation Store.[/citation]

Thankfully bandwidth caps haven't become the norm and I'll fight any company that tries it.

G

Actually Sony pulled out a trick to make us pay for a copyright enforcement device in our own living rooms... with every other console easily (even purposefully) hackeable theres a lot of room to recoup the money by making it a PPV device!

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
OMG.. all this debate is nonsense.. MS and Sony have the same goal.. just different strategies on getting there. IMHO MS has an advantage because it offers a tool set to make programing easier... on the flip side.. sony does not.. which in theory makes the lifespan longer but when your running a business.. development time is crucial so its logical to choose the 360.
I am a PC gamer and if either console wants my cash.. they need to add mouse and keyboard support for FPS and similar games.. then i will consider a console.
I love the versatility of the PC .however I hate all the patching and updates that go along with PC games.
Consoles have a distinct advantage in that regard, i just hate using a controller in FPS/3rd person games.
Are you listening MS/Sony/Nintendo?
That is all it will take for me to switch over.

snarfeck

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
NINTENDO WIINS!!! TAKE THAT STUPIDS!! DERR WE'RE GONNA COPY NINTENDO 6 YEARS LATER USING NEW SENSOR TECHNOLGOY WITH GYROS AND CRAP!! DERRR WE'RE GONNA MAKE GAMES FOR HARDCORE GAMERS DERRRRR!!!! GET WITH THE PROGRAM JUST SELL ALL YOUR COMPANIES TO NINTENDO THEY'LL KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH YOUR STUPID CRACKA MONEY!!!!!!! I HATE ALL OF YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.