PlayStation Controls Found in Gingerbread SDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
This makes perfect sense, and if there plan to be more Android phones with slide-out Playstation-style controls, you say goodbye to iOS's popularity with gamers. Android will become the gaming platform and iOS will remain as the casual platform. If this is true, excellent move there, Sony/Google.

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
I think the Z1 is what the PSP Go should have been. Mini's with all the functionality of an Android phone. It certainly is looking good specs wise, but I would like to see a better build quality of the phone itself to really portray the image of a device that sits above the rest with a unique selling point. A bit of brushed aluminium will do no harm. I just hope that Sony won't make the horrible mistake they have made with the X10 line and massively delay updates to Android. I can understand needing to take a bit of time for the sake of the Playstation platform but leave the Android OS stock as the UXP interface is clunky...

I won't buy it the second it comes out, but I'll definitely keep an eye on it when I come to upgrading my phone.

gh0st

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
Wow,double whammy to MS and Apple.Glad they are doing some cool new things first, before i-boy claims he made i-playstation and i-coolphones...

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
I will believe it when I see it...as miffy as $ony got with the otheros thing the doors will be blown off if on android :).

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
So you're missing buttons in that control scheme.
You have ABC and XYZ, but you need four in each not 3.
I agree that this sounds like PSP type controls, but what about the other 2 buttons?

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Extremely interesting. Give it a nice screen, and a nice dual-core CPU with a powerful 22nm GPU, and I'm getting one for sure :)

G

am i the only one who foresee a future conflict.... give the android OS access to those and it wont be long before someone bakes a homebrew PSP emulator.....

quantum mask

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
[citation][nom]HomeBrewEmulator[/nom]am i the only one who foresee a future conflict.... give the android OS access to those and it wont be long before someone bakes a homebrew PSP emulator.....[/citation]
Shhhhhh!

Status
Not open for further replies.